MAIN FORUM

Comments

• Roma315

Signing up for yahoo DFS to try it out. How does the competition stack up against DK and FD? Now sure if I like or dislike the 10 entry max.

• BmoreClutch

The competition is nowhere near FD or DK IMO. There are some very good players on there, but for the most part I think the majority of users are casual players.

• g_nagy

Since there are far fewer lineup variations, due to the smaller GPP’s, some of the winning lineups aren’t too “wild” when you look back at them. Not sure if Yahoo is necessarily easier than FD/DK, but if you get used to the unique pricing system, I think it can give you a leg up.

• TheRyanFlaherty

I vowed off FD, so I may have to give Yahoo a try as a second site to play on.
    I certainly trust the assessments you guys gave, and I’ve seen them said here often….it’s just always seemed counter-intuitive to me that the smaller sites would have weaker/casual players.
    I would have assumed only hardcore players would be playing on the fringe, less known sites…
    I guess not having the big players and huge entry tournaments really does make a big difference?
    It’s just always been an interesting phenomena to me….Guess I’ll have to give some of these sites a try.

• Lathum

I have been playing on FD/DK since the start, mostly $3 GPPS and a few other larger buy ins. My first 2 days on Yahoo I won 4 GPPS and placed in various others for over 1K. I find it much easier.

• Seahawktom

I love Yahoo DFS, but it’s the only site I’ve ever played so I can’t compare it to anything else. The one thing that annoys me to no end, however, is how they determine what position a player plays. In hockey, for example, you have guys that have been lining up at winger the whole year who are still listed as C on Yahoo (basically the entire Maple Leafs team are Cs). Hard to stack a PP line when all the guys play the same position. Happens in NBA, too. They don’t do a very good job at updating position status.

• madmanjayWV

@TheRyanFlaherty said...

I vowed off FD, so I may have to give Yahoo a try as a second site to play on.
    I certainly trust the assessments you guys gave, and I’ve seen them said here often….it’s just always seemed counter-intuitive to me that the smaller sites would have weaker/casual players.
    I would have assumed only hardcore players would be playing on the fringe, less known sites…
    I guess not having the big players and huge entry tournaments really does make a big difference?
    It’s just always been an interesting phenomena to me….Guess I’ll have to give some of these sites a try.

YAHOO sure don’t have the big prize pools, which myself as a GPP player looks for, but YAHOO is a great site, I’ve never had a problem there and if you enjoy cash games, one shouldn’t have much problem turning a profit there if you are a solid player, IMO.

• panters

It appears all of the talk about playing Yahoo has finally doomed me. It was too good to be true and I knew it was coming. After quitting fanduel for the lack of late swap I started playing only on draftkings. Not being a good NBA player to begin with I would occasionally cash (minimum). I got tired of their BS and decided to give Yahoo a try with their Rookie contests. I was doing pretty good (for me) in them. I would play the 50-50s, 10-Teams and enter a No Veterans $1 tournament. I had never played cash games before. I did have a longish losing streak once. But suddenly I experienced what winning more than losing felt like. I was trying to slowly build a little bankroll for baseball season.

This morning when I went to put my dummy teams in, there were no Rookie contests to enter. I know that most guys from this forum probably play the larger tourneys but I’ll have to put in for the Rookie contests as soon as they are posted. I probably won’t place anymore in those either.

But you know what? This is America and you can do whatever you want (until the Liberals start crying and protesting that is).

I just have to get better and sweat through the NBA season until baseball comes. Thanks for all contributors in this forum for making me a better player.

• Seahawktom

Panters, I guess we’re not getting enough politics from other media sources, so thanks for making sure its a part of our DFS world. And very funny how you complain about whining liberals in a post that is essentially a whiny sob story.

• wolfjb1

@panters said...

But you know what? This is America and you can do whatever you want (until the Liberals start crying and protesting that is).

What does this even mean?

• DanielHaight

Yahoo! DFS Rep

@panters said...

This morning when I went to put my dummy teams in, there were no Rookie contests to enter.

The Rookie Only contests are there. My guess is you are no longer a rookie, as we only show them to eligible players.

• panters

Thanks Daniel.

• Jaws1002

I am not on Yahoo yet, I just logged in and looked around. The prize pools remind me a lot of fantasy aces. If you are looking to hit for the 25-50K top prizes it’s not the site for you, but from reading some of the players on here it seems like you can make some money on a daily basis. I will wait for baseball season to start my rookie run and see what happens.

• kujo33

Can Canadians play on yahoo?

• Seahawktom

@Jaws1002 said...

I am not on Yahoo yet, I just logged in and looked around. The prize pools remind me a lot of fantasy aces. If you are looking to hit for the 25-50K top prizes it’s not the site for you, but from reading some of the players on here it seems like you can make some money on a daily basis. I will wait for baseball season to start my rookie run and see what happens.

Def. not as much of a hard-core gambler site. No credit card deposits allowed, and 3 or 4 entry limit for large tournaments. This scares away some of the big budget fantasy sharks, which is a good thing. Keeps it more fun and interesting for the casual player.

For what it’s worth they do have a “Veteran” rating, as well as contests that are labeled “No Veterans.” But, not sure how they determine who is a veteran.

• Jvanspro

I would love to play on Yahoo. Unfortunately, they don’t allow players from Florida.

• jhorst52

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • Ranked #20

RG Tiered Ranking

RG Tiered Ranking
    • x2

2016 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

FanDuel WFFC Finalist
    • x2

2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

DraftKings FFWC Finalist
    @Jvanspro said...

I would love to play on Yahoo. Unfortunately, they don’t allow players from Florida.

Woah, why is this?

• XaLTeD

@Seahawkto

Veteran status is earned by the hitting one of these three thresholds:

-Entered more than 1,000 contests within 12 months.
    -Entered more than 250 contests in 12 months and won 65% of the time.
    -Won a single prize of $1,000 or greater 3 times within 12 months.

• btwice80

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking

The few large field contests they have are pretty soft, but if you want to play over $60 or so, you have to play the 10-50 man fields and those are the same level of difficulty as DK and FD.

• MrFantasy

@btwice80 said...

The few large field contests they have are pretty soft, but if you want to play over $60 or so, you have to play the 10-50 man fields and those are the same level of difficulty as DK and FD.

Yeah and lineup building is chalk city every single night because of their pricing.

• Seahawktom

@XaLTeD said...

@Seahawkto

Veteran status is earned by the hitting one of these three thresholds:

-Entered more than 1,000 contests within 12 months.
    -Entered more than 250 contests in 12 months and won 65% of the time.
    -Won a single prize of $1,000 or greater 3 times within 12 months.

Thanks, appreciate it!

• SelfCharmer

Anyone have any experience playing Soccer on Yahoo? They seem to give pts for some pretty ambiguous things…

• Seahawktom

@SelfCharmer said...

Anyone have any experience playing Soccer on Yahoo? They seem to give pts for some pretty ambiguous things…

Yes, and that’s exactly why I’ve been able to resist fantasy soccer on Yahoo. Wish they’d simplify. Passes completed?? Really? Why not make it more like NHL – goals, assists, shots on target, clean sheets etc.

• SelfCharmer

@Seahawkto said...

Yes, and that’s exactly why I’ve been able to resist fantasy soccer on Yahoo. Wish they’d simplify. Passes completed?? Really? Why not make it more like NHL – goals, assists, shots on target, clean sheets etc.

Passes completed isn’t the biggest issue, very easy to know who is the biggest passer etc.

Corner won though, how on earth is that even determined…

• Roma315

The payouts are horrible tho

• frugal

Love Yahoo DFS. FD and DK’s (especially with the recent changes) tourney structure is geared 100% towards large bankroll max entry players. Sure, if your goal in DFS is to win “life changing money”, FD/DK dangle that carrot but with 150 entries per player you’re essentially playing the lottery (though their more recent single entry large tournaments are intriguing). My goal is to be profitable, and I’ve done very well in Yahoo this season with a ~22X return on my modest initial deposit (and yet to win a tournament other than $1 114 single entry).

Yahoo’s focus on more casual play is way more in line with my mindset. More balanced salary adjustment speeds, 10 entry max, smaller fields, and late swap are all things I absolutely love about Yahoo NBA DFS. I still play a little on DK (FD not available in Texas), but I’m 100% sold on Yahoo and will likely play there indefinitely.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

Subforum Index

Advertisement

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Disclosures: All RotoGrinders content contributors are active DFS players. Contributor screen names can be found on their respective RotoGrinders profile pages. Contributors reserve the right to use players or strategies not discussed in their content on RotoGrinders.