INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• XFactor007

I am still not a veteran on YAHOO but the only “no veterans” contest that are available are $1 50/50 and free contest. There used to be a lot of contest available for newer players.

I noticed this a few days ago and haven’t played much since as even the $2 – 10 man tournaments are filled with pros like Moklovin.

NFL still has the no veteran contest available.

Anyone have an idea why this is happening?

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

Because NFL rules all this weekend. My guess is they will be back for NBA starting tomorrow.

• XFactor007

I certainly hope so, I just started playing Yahoo a couple of months ago and really enjoy the format now that I got used to it.

I wish they would do something like FanDuel where pros that made over $50K in winnings can’t enter contest under $2.99 for example.

Playing a $2 10 man contest for the top prize of $9 against Moklovin, Papagates and the crew sucks

• sochoice

@XFactor007 said...

I certainly hope so, I just started playing Yahoo a couple of months ago and really enjoy the format now that I got used to it.

I wish they would do something like FanDuel where pros that made over $50K in winnings can’t enter contest under $2.99 for example.

Playing a $2 10 man contest for the top prize of $9 against Moklovin, Papagates and the crew sucks

They have done something like that on FD. I don’t know what the winnings cut off is, but they definitely have something in place where certain players can’t play under $3 contests.

• XFactor007

On FanDuel? Oh yeah I know, the winning cut off is 50K and after that you can’t play contest under $3.

My suggestion was that Yahoo should do something similar to that.

• sochoice

@XFactor007 said...

On FanDuel? Oh yeah I know, the winning cut off is 50K and after that you can’t play contest under $3.

My suggestion was that Yahoo should do something similar to that.

Ah got it. i misread your post. Anyways, come back tomorrow and I bet those contests you like will be around. Good luck.

• lester461

Guys, beware of Yahoo, they enable users to circumvent their low max entries and collude just like DK and FD. I brought it up to a Rep a few days where I found clear evidence of one user using 4 accounts every day to circumvent their 10 max entries, where he would have a tight core, yet no overlapping lineups and the Rep wouldn’t even go as far as simply investigate.

Getting any extra entry on YAHOO is perhaps more beneficial than any other site and it is a shame that they have gone down the DK and FD road where money is more important than integrity.

I have played on Yahoo for 3+ years and have really enjoyed it compared to the other sites because of their low management fees, decent payout structures and overall softer competition, yet I have had to scale back my volume to just Single Entry since competing with someone that has 40 entries vs my 10 in a GPP is a waste of time and money.

• XFactor007

@lester461 said...

Guys, beware of Yahoo, they enable users to circumvent their low max entries and collude just like DK and FD. I brought it up to a Rep a few days where I found clear evidence of one user using 4 accounts every day to circumvent their 10 max entries, where he would have a tight core, yet no overlapping lineups and the Rep wouldn’t even go as far as simply investigate.

Getting any extra entry on YAHOO is perhaps more beneficial than any other site and it is a shame that they have gone down the DK and FD road where money is more important than integrity.

I have played on Yahoo for 3+ years and have really enjoyed it compared to the other sites because of their low management fees, decent payout structures and overall softer competition, yet I have had to scale back my volume to just Single Entry since competing with someone that has 40 entries vs my 10 in a GPP is a waste of time and money.

Thanks for the heads up, I haven’t noticed this, I mostly play single entry with the occasional GPP contest.

• frugal

@lester461 said...

Post the proof here. I’d love another reason to dial back my Yahoo exposure now that their Android app is so unstable.

• lester461

@frugal said...

Post the proof here. I’d love another reason to dial back my Yahoo exposure now that their Android app is so unstable.

I emailed the Yahoo customer service and contacted Daniel Haight via Twitter about my concerns of one user controlling 4 accounts (OptimusPrime, SuperNova, HereAndThere, PrincessG) since they all join contests within seconds of each other every day and their player pool is always tight, similar, yet never overlapping (I generally look through the entries of each contest and after a month or so it seemed less coincidence and more likely than not blatant collusion ) and all I’ve heard back is the vaguest of non-answers from them so I assume they are fine with players circumventing their rules just like DK and FD.

If you ever take a look at when these 4 accounts enter contests (and which ones, they never play cash, since that would be TOO obvious and -Ev) and then take a look at their player core you would notice what I’ve noticed right away.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler