INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• DFSx42

So… I checked out the slate this morning and lo and behold, Yahoo, which as recently as this week has advertisements out there lauding it’s 10 max entry format has a 150 mme gpp.

I’m not against the offering, but can’t understand why they are making this hard pivot while actively advertising that 10 max lineups is the reason to play at Yahoo.

But more importantly, there’s no csv lineup export option. So it’s going to be 150 lineups entered by hand…

I’m not sure what to think of this.

Discuss

• mogizzle

yeah normally i’d throw 10 lineups in the 50k running tomorrow but now that it’s 150 max i’ll just drop down to the 8k guaranteed

• jsw3ent

Yea—their mantra/creed/pitch was 10 max——now 150 —-sort of like a politicians campaign pitch/pledge .

• btwice80

@jsw3ent said...

Yea—their mantra/creed/pitch was 10 max——now 150 —-sort of like a politicians campaign pitch/pledge .

All but two contests per slate are still 10 max or less.

• bigwillie20

They were running a nice $3 single entry no fee contest for NFL but now that has vanished

• NIN1002

I just don’t think it’s worth getting all bent out of shape about the 150 max entry contests that the NFL and NBA have. It’s just one contest. If you haven’t noticed, contests that used to be limited to 1 entry per 100 people have also changed to 10 max entries in most of them now. Which is a little weird being able to enter a contest with 114 people 10 times (and pretty much enter into 10% of the entire contest). I’m not even sure how many (if any) players are utilizing the 150 entries. The biggest fish (Bric, moklovin, papagates, etc.) use their optimizers with their buddies and just mass enter one lineup and one lineup only over and over and over into every single contest. Those guys are still running a single lineup all over Yahoo and it has not changed their approach in the least. But, truthfully, I haven’t checked to see if they are entering that single lineup 150 times or 10 times or what they are doing with this change. When it was 10 max, they were 100% entering their one lineup ten times. I’m sure someone probably knows this answer (like yisman…who tends to have all sorts of investigative information he randomly provides), but that’s not me.

• leib0039

Well, just to make a counter argument, MME master moklovin and his 150 entries are going to win the first $10 big (only) GPP so if you actually think 150 mme doesn’t matter, you are flat wrong. I get it, just not something I want to be a part of so Yahoo wont get much if any on my money.

• NIN1002

@leib0039 said...

Well, just to make a counter argument, MME master moklovin and his 150 entries are going to win the first $10 big (only) GPP so if you actually think 150 mme doesn’t matter, you are flat wrong. I get it, just not something I want to be a part of so Yahoo wont get much if any on my money.

Looks like he finished in second. I dunno how many entries he had, though. Kind of impossible to know, but you very may well be correct.

It just is what it is and really no point getting worked up about it as it’s not going to be changing. I don’t really like or care for it much myself, either.

• BerkeleyBoss

@NIN1002 said...

I just don’t think it’s worth getting all bent out of shape about the 150 max entry contests that the NFL and NBA have. It’s just one contest. If you haven’t noticed, contests that used to be limited to 1 entry per 100 people have also changed to 10 max entries in most of them now. Which is a little weird being able to enter a contest with 114 people 10 times (and pretty much enter into 10% of the entire contest). I’m not even sure how many (if any) players are utilizing the 150 entries. The biggest fish (Bric, moklovin, papagates, etc.) use their optimizers with their buddies and just mass enter one lineup and one lineup only over and over and over into every single contest. Those guys are still running a single lineup all over Yahoo and it has not changed their approach in the least. But, truthfully, I haven’t checked to see if they are entering that single lineup 150 times or 10 times or what they are doing with this change. When it was 10 max, they were 100% entering their one lineup ten times. I’m sure someone probably knows this answer (like yisman…who tends to have all sorts of investigative information he randomly provides), but that’s not me.

I’ve seen them in the 150 max with solo lineups near the top, so I assume they’re running all unique lineups, but I’m not sure if they’re even entering 150. Putting 150 in without csv edit seems insane to me. I always assumed those guys ran 10 of the same lineup because it was too hard to edit so many lineups across multiple sites and Yahoo was near the bottom of importance to them.

• ElSlappo

I dug up this old thread to state that I miss the old $10 entry fee, 10 max GPPs they would run for both NBA and PGA last year. I don’t play nearly as much as I used to due to the change to the larger entry limits.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).