MAIN FORUM

Comments

• bowens1984

• 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• x3

2011 RG Season Long Champion: NBA

Yahoo paid out contests yesterday that had Cashner with 24 points, this is what their rules state:

“Postponed or canceled games

Players in your lineup who’ve had their game postponed or canceled won’t score any points.”

Anyone that played yesterday was cheated by yahoo not following their own rules on player scoring, this is a pretty big deal.

Mod note Yahoo rep responded Here

• madmanjayWV

UM — the game wasn’t PPD or Canceled….it was suspended, wasn’t it?

• bowens1984

• x3

@madmanjayWV said...

It was postponed

• Mylthazz

@madmanjayWV said...

PPD.

• einars

http://espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=350719125

canceled….will restart at a later date

“The game will start fresh on Sept. 10, a mutual off day for both teams. “

• maxeernst

NHL Contributor

I want a refund.

• Heterodox

@madmanjayWV said...

I so love when semantics have such tangible consequences, interested to see how this plays out.

• rotokevin

2014 RG Bowling Co-Champion, CPA & DFS Tax Guru

• 2014 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

I’ve had plenty of issues with Yahoo, but all have been resolved by some very good interactions with support. This issue, however, is completely inexcusable. Users need to be able to trust that games will be scored and settled accurately and fairly.

• bowens1984

• x3

@rotokevin said...

I’ve had plenty of issues with Yahoo, but all have been resolved by some very good interactions with support. This issue, however, is completely inexcusable. Users need to be able to trust that games will be scored and settled accurately and fairly.

I did email support 6 hours ago and they were of no help at all

• bowens1984

• x3

I would also like to point out that I had Cashner and got paid out more than I should, not complaining as a sore loser just want site to follow their own rules on scoring.

• Cal

RG CoFounder & Admin

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• x4

2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

Sending this to my Yahoo contact now. I’m sure they’ll make it right.

• jecarl2

Since when do games in SD get postponed?!? Had a great team going yesterday w/2 Padres taking 0. I left the house to go play golf not ever considering a PPD. I even went back and forth all morning on STL players b/c the threat of rain.

On a serious note, I cashed out after day1 of the Yahoo launch. Too many issues and not enough functionality for me. I realize competition is good for all of us but the product at DK is just superior to anything out there right now.

• For MLB contests on Sunday, July 19, stats from the postponed San Diego/Colorado game were unintentionally applied to lineups.

For affected entrants in yesterday’s games, we are compiling a new set of contest results with no points scored to the players in this postponed game. If an entry should have won a greater amount than already disbursed, we will credit the user’s account with the difference. We will not deduct any winnings from entrants who should have won less. Accounts will be credited by end of day Wednesday.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience as we make improvements to our game.

• nymjjb

too bad this wasn’t DK-would have made a bundle

• Putz

@jecarl2 said...

Since when do games in SD get postponed?!? Had a great team going yesterday w/2 Padres taking 0. I left the house to go play golf not ever considering a PPD. I even went back and forth all morning on STL players b/c the threat of rain.

On a serious note, I cashed out after day1 of the Yahoo launch. Too many issues and not enough functionality for me. I realize competition is good for all of us but the product at DK is just superior to anything out there right now.

This is laughable seeing threads popping up here with issues about almost every site. Did you forget the meltdown last year?

• jecarl2

Why is it laughable? I guess if I was on here monitoring threads 24 hours a day like yourself I would know what your talking about in regards to “The Meltdown”. What do you expect people to use the forums for?

• Putz

@jecarl2 said...

Why is it laughable? I guess if I was on here monitoring threads 24 hours a day like yourself I would know what your talking about in regards to “The Meltdown”. What do you expect people to use the forums for?

Laughable comparing a new DFS site < month old to those that have been around for 5 years, then adding the fanboy response about the “superior than any site” DK, like they haven’t dropped the ball several times, one of which last year led to a major melt down on this site requiring their CEO to come to respond to threads for a few days and provide damage control. Everyone is entitled to their opinions …

• Cal

RG CoFounder & Admin

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• x4

2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@YahooFantasy_MetalMilitia said...

For MLB contests on Sunday, July 19, stats from the postponed San Diego/Colorado game were unintentionally applied to lineups.

For affected entrants in yesterday’s games, we are compiling a new set of contest results with no points scored to the players in this postponed game. If an entry should have won a greater amount than already disbursed, we will credit the user’s account with the difference. We will not deduct any winnings from entrants who should have won less. Accounts will be credited by end of day Wednesday.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience as we make improvements to our game.

Thanks guys, definitely the right response. I think most players understand there will be some issues out of the gates and just want the site to handle them properly, which you guys have done here.

• dude_abides7

Well, at least Yahoo steps up WITHIN THE SAME DAY and corrects their error. FD and DK wait a month to put out ambiguous press releases or just ignore the issue all together. (see Nascar pass differential rules discrepancies)

Overall, Yahoo’s Payout and contest structure is not yet my cup of tea, but I tell you what….as soon as they get their feet under them I’ll be pulling more of my money over to Yahoo. If not for anything else, but simply out of principle.

People make mistakes….but stepping up and making it right is what matters. Good for you Yahoo…

• bluewurm

offering may not be the best YET, but I have high hopes for them if they are going to keep resolving issues this way.

and you’ll never see Yahoo approving shady statements like “you can’t use scripting unless you ask and then we put you on the super-secret super-user scripter list”

• nba2kjournal

Im glad I didnt deposit there. Yahoo needs to shut down until they get themselves together. They thought they could throw out any product without fine tuning it, and people were going to settle…lol too funny

• dude_abides7

This thread title should be changed to “Yahoo makes a mistake, owns up to it, and makes it right” or “The right thing – something that DraftKings would never do”.

• icowpres

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

Yeah, Yahoo deserves credit for this.

• deactivated79425

shouldn’t they have stepped up without being told to? I agree DK would take 2 weeks to figure out a way not to respond unless max was affected

• dude_abides7

@riverbandit said...

shouldn’t they have stepped up without being told to? I agree DK would take 2 weeks to figure out a way not to respond unless max was affected

They likely had to run some type of simulated game to get a the scores right. Remember, they did not take away money from those that benefited from the original, incorrect score. So they probably needed to recalculate everything and then determine the net difference and then distribute credit accordingly. Takes a hot minute.

In any event, they did all this within a day. If we are to use FD and DK as a barometer, this would be the equivalent of flying through space at light-speed vs walking with cane.

• hendry

fwiw dk didnt take 2 weeks when there was problems during nfl season and they didnt respond only because max was affected. furthermore they credited people that had losing lineups but “couldn’t edit them”. but ya fd and dk suck, im only playing yahoo!!!!!!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Disclosures: All RotoGrinders content contributors are active DFS players. Contributor screen names can be found on their respective RotoGrinders profile pages. Contributors reserve the right to use players or strategies not discussed in their content on RotoGrinders.