MAIN FORUM

Comments

• aka_the_goat

So last night I was playing in the $300 buy in tournament on DK as I do often and was doing pretty well as the night was winding down. I fell asleep though before the last games were over. I woke up about 1 A.M. to a notification on my phone saying I had won $600. I thought, fantastic! and rolled back over and went back to sleep. This morning when I woke up I again saw the notification and then opened up the app where I was greeted by two more congratulatory notifications again exclaiming I had won $600 before I actually could even get to my recent contest page where I found out I had finished just out of the money… OK?? So I email the VIP guy who claims to be looking out for our best interest who says he’s sorry, it’s totally DK’s fault but they won’t be honoring that or giving any tickets in that amount. I just think that is wrong. I get that I didn’t win the contest but you told me I did and as a company you honor your commitments, period. I have made lots of mistakes in price quotes and other things with my customers but when it’s my fault we honor what we told that customer. I just think it’s wrong. I’m contemplating even sending some letters to my AG as I think this is the type of thing these companies are doing that needs some legal intervention. If someone wakes up to a notification from an enterprise saying congrats you won x amount of money then that person should receive x amount of money. Otherwise, I think it can be argued that this is a tactic DK uses to illegally lure customers back in with false promises.

• louiescards

DK KoTH winner

DK had a tech glitch on the mobile version of the site a while back that for a brief period displayed everyone as the winner of a contest when they went final. I took a screenshot and tried to get the million dollars but it didn’t work.

Look I get what you are saying. It sucks to get a bogus alert. You did the right thing letting them know what occurred but honestly expecting to be paid for a lineup that didn’t cash is a reach. Hopefully you reaching out to them will allow them to fix this glitch and we move on.

• Gokou

I noticed the app’s notifications has been really buggy lately. I don’t even look at them anymore.

• ebsteelers

I also received an email this morning, that I won last night.
    I didn’t play any games last night so I just figured it was a system glitch on their end.
    Not really worth it for me to email the AG or anyone like that when DFS is already been rocky with them.

I will say I wish there was way I could turn the email notifications off, it is annoying when you get an email saying you won! but in reality you played 500 bucks and won 50 cents.
    not fun.

• monds6

RG Overall Ranking

• x2

2015 DraftKings FCFWC Finalist

• 2013 DraftStreet DSFC Finalist

I had a winning night last night, but I got two notifications one that was correct and one that said I won $7600 – not true, I knew it as well. They need to fix the glitch, but don’t think they are responsible for winnings that we actually did not win.

• maxeernst

@Gokou said...

I noticed the app’s notifications has been really buggy lately. I don’t even look at them anymore.

This. It is basically useless. Telling you that you won things you haven’t. Reiterating and refreshing old notifications. Pointless.

• jimfred82

• Blogger of the Month

Yeah, I won $2.50 last night and it says I won both $76 and $34.94. The app is super goofy.

• jimfred82

• Blogger of the Month

@louiescards said...

I took a screenshot and tried to get the million dollars but it didn’t work.

Hahah! What was their reaction?

• hambazaza

RG Blog Program Manager, 2014 RG Party Beer Pong Champion

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

I got an email in my gmail account telling me I inherited $30M from a long lost prince uncle in Uzbekibekistanstan. When I emailed him back I gave him my bank account info and before I knew it they cleaned my bank account. I emailed google for not blocking the email and wanted them to honor the 30 million dollars that was promised to me on the email that was sent through THEIR system and made it through THEIR filters, but they wouldn’t honor it.

I get that I didn’t inherit the money but you told me I did and as a company you honor your commitments, period. I have made lots of mistakes in price quotes and other things with my customers but when it’s my fault we honor what we told that customer. I just think it’s wrong. I’m contemplating even sending some letters to my AG as I think this is the type of thing these companies are doing that needs some legal intervention. If someone wakes up to an email from an enterprise saying congrats you inherited x money from a prince in nigeria then that person should receive x amount of money. Otherwise, I think it can be argued that this is a tactic google uses to lure customers to keep using their email service.

• JeffElJefe

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• x2

2019 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

I can never tell if these posts are jokes or not. You didn’t win, but you want to be paid as if you had won because someone accidentally told you that you won? Not only that, but it’s so big of a deal that you think the AG needs to get involved (or you’re at least hoping that the threat of it will make DK change their mind about paying you out).

Their “commitment” that they needed to honor was paying out the correct people, nothing else.

• JeffElJefe

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• x2

2019 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@hambazaza said...

I got an email in my gmail account telling me I inherited $30M from a long lost prince uncle in Uzbekibekistanstan.

I think we should make Miss Columbia the real Miss Universe since Steve Harvey told her she won.

• tonytone1908

This has to be a joke unless you’re really that self-entitled.

• intimadator2007

We’re have y’all been this has been going on for 2-3 weeks with me .It’s very annoying and nothing I can do about it till DK fixes the issue .Just ignore them and move on.

• aka_the_goat

@JeffElJefe said...

Their “commitment” that they needed to honor was paying out the correct people, nothing else.

I absolutely feel like I have a right to be upset. I may not have won. But I went on thinking I did because they told me I did. If the notifications are buggy and wrong then they shouldn’t be sending them. In no other world can you send a client or customer a notification saying they are being credited with money and then not give it to them because there are laws and regulations in place ensuring that companies are accountable.

The fact that DK can just say oh our software doesn’t work right is not a good enough answer. If they can’t figure out how to notify people correctly if they won or lost why should i trust that they are successfully managing and protecting the integrity of there game play software? I think it’s a logical question.

• shockermandan

I got a “You have won a ticket” email from Fanduel this morning related to last night’s contests. Unless I got drunk and entered a satellite that didn’t show up in my History, I didn’t. Making mistakes isn’t DK specific, and isn’t DFS specific.

I don’t see anything wrong with asking for a freebie, but don’t expect one.

There’s a difference between fat-fingering an ad for a silver necklace as $40 instead of $50 and accidentally putting the $5,000 gold/diamond necklace in the ad.

It’s been a long time since my business law class in college, but I think there’s actually a law on this. Something along the line that if a reasonable person would know the ad doesn’t make sense, they don’t have to honor it. You, as (hopefully) a reasonable person, know that you fell outside the payout.

• SouthernShield

I’ve been getting a notification on the main DK site that I’ve $13.00 from NAS 9 days ago. It randomly keeps popping up even though I trash can it everytime.

Today I got an email saying I won. I hadn’t entered any contests. Of course it was talking about the same $13.00 they keep telling me I won 9 days ago.

• aka_the_goat

I just don’t think you’re going to change my opinion on this one. I work in customer service. And if I make a $300 mistake on a customer who spends 1k+ a day during some seasons I’m going to apologize for the mistake on our end, make it right with them, and then hope I have done enough to keep them as a customer moving forward.

• aka_the_goat

Not to mention the whole software is what you do argument. If you are glitching with your notifications what else isn’t working right that we can’t see?

• aka_the_goat

I don’t like FD near as well but I will play there based on principle at this point.

• louiescards

DK KoTH winner

@aka_the_goat said...

I don’t like FD near as well but I will play there based on principle at this point.

Despite the fact that someone literally just told you it happened to them on FD?

• ihaveareputation

• x2

2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

I’ve been getting emails and app notifications like this for about 2 weeks now on DK. Annoying, but nothing to get up in arms about. DK and FD, please fix your products. The OP has a bit of a point about false corporate promises and/or misleading advertising, but it’s silly to think anyone is entitled to that money.

• ebsteelers

@aka_the_goat said...

I thought, fantastic! and rolled back over and went back to sleep

You said you went to bed, but then you went on thinking you won.

Did you buy a brand new Ferrari based off your winnings in your dream?

• aka_the_goat

@louiescards said...

Despite the fact that someone literally just told you it happened to them on FD?

Yes.

Because I don’t like the way the DK rep handled it with me. I didn’t think he took my concern seriously and as a customer no matter how silly my problem may seem to you it should be handled professionally and quickly. Problems like these that are laughed off by the DFS community are the same ones people like DB Schneiderman are shutting down states over. Run your business like a business.

• imsogone

I once got double credited with a bank deposit, think I got to keep that money even though the bank made an error?

• dakimbell

I wish that they wouldn’t even send that notification, I am always like look I know if I won or not, it is just annoying to be using the app and always have that annoying notification come up.

• crazypaul

@aka_the_goat said...

I woke up about 1 A.M. to a notification on my phone saying I had won $600.

You’re making this huge deal over a glitched notification? Did you ever actually check the standings to see where you were? If you were in 1st place when games ended then suddenly appeared in 25th place in the morning, THEN I would be pissed. Not over some flaky notification from the mobile app.

Also have you ever heard of banks whose software accidentally displays a balance for a customer thousands of dollars higher than it should be? Those people arent entitled to free money, and always have to pay it back if they are able to withdraw it. Just because a glitch makes you think you got something you didnt deserve, doesnt mean you actually deserve it. Calm down and build a better lineup.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).