When: October 22-25

Where: Thousand Oaks, California

Last Year’s Winner: Tiger Woods at -19

Cut Rules: This is a no cut event with only 78 players again

Course: Sherwood CC | A par 72 playing over 7000 yards

Coverage: Golf Channel

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• BrianVT

There’s actually a little bit of stat research that can be done for Sherwood. The World Challenge hosted by Tiger Woods played here from 2000-2013. Here’s a link to the final year, and then you change the year and go backwards from there:

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/hero-world-challenge/past-results.2014.html

Interestingly enough, ZJ won it in the last year, but was DFL the year before that, so that’s pretty comforting for consistency.

• blue

ZJ not in the field, is he?

• HarryV

RG Blogger

It is a joke when someone like Louie Oosthuizen is the 3rd alternate

Not to mention Kuchar is the 1st

• BrianVT

@blue said...

ZJ not in the field, is he?

No idea; haven’t looked at field yet. That’s not why I mentioned him, if you’re referring to my post.

• blue

@BrianVT said...

No idea; haven’t looked at field yet. That’s not why I mentioned him, if you’re referring to my post.

I didn’t see him listed but, I hope he is. That kind of volatility is what I’m looking for.

• BrianVT

@blue said...

I didn’t see him listed but, I hope he is. That kind of volatility is what I’m looking for.

So, if there’s no consistency in types of golfers that fit a course, what do you like to go to next? What hotel they stay in? What they eat for breakfast on Thursday? Married / Single? Equipment sponsor?

• blue

@BrianVT said...

So, if there’s no consistency in types of golfers that fit a course, what do you like to go to next? What hotel they stay in? What they eat for breakfast on Thursday? Married / Single? Equipment sponsor?

I’m not trying to argue. Just saying that a guy like ZJ would be good because he can win or he can be terrible. This, probably a low price for a guy with huge upside. That’s all.

• BrianVT

@blue said...

I’m not trying to argue. Just saying that a guy like ZJ would be good because he can win or he can be terrible. This, probably a low price for a guy with huge upside. That’s all.

Gotcha. Nah, I was just curious. I mean, I think the goal is to find some sort of pattern in types of golfers (for me at least), but I thought maybe you were just saying that you’d rather there not be anything like that popping up because you think you have an edge in those weeks. He was just the first name I saw when I started copying/pasting. I think I see some others who were more consistent. But, yes, someone with some high-flying potential is always nice to find, at the right price and right ownership.

• lfn1992

• TrustinthePlan

A couple of tidbits. Would like to know if they lengthened any of the par 5s here? Can’t find any yardage info on the pga site. All 5 of them, well at least 4 out of the 5, were very reachable for just about everyone when Tiger’s Hero World Challenge left this site. If they didn’t lengthen them would have been interesting to see Bison at this event bomb 380 drives and have 130-160 into the par 5s. If they didn’t lengthen the par 5s with the newer tech and balls out there, 30 under is a real possibility. Will still be a fun week though with Rors, JT, and Tiger in the field.

• BIF

@BrianVT said...

Not sure if this helps but it’s a fun fact….

You might’ve seen the place while watching primetime television. The club is set in a valley surrounded by jagged mountains and hillsides, one of which was the setting for the opening helicopter scene in every episode of M*A*S*H. The Dukes of Hazzard was shot there before it was a golf course.

Two of the most famous Hollywood epics shot on the premises were the 1923 version of Robin Hood, starring Douglas Fairbanks Sr. and Enid Bennett, and the 1938 version of The Adventures of Robin Hood, starring Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland. In fact, on the Sherwood property you’ll still find the Robin Hood Cabin, a home built for the 1923 movie and where Fairbanks supposedly lived during the filming.

The golf course name and logo is a tribute to the Sherwood Forest and Robin Hood.

• BIF

Sherwood CC course tour

https://www.sherwoodcc.com/default.aspx?p=DynamicModule&pageid=347849&ssid=251238

Here’s the scorecard from DJ’s course record 61

https://www.sherwoodcc.com/Default.aspx?p=dynamicmodule&pageid=347874&ssid=251267&vnf=1

• BrianVT

@BIF said...

The golf course name and logo is a tribute to the Sherwood Forest and Robin Hood.

Home to CA’s wealthiest golfers.

• TrustinthePlan

@BIF said...

Sherwood CC course tour

https://www.sherwoodcc.com/default.aspx?p=DynamicModule&pageid=347849&ssid=251238

https://www.sherwoodcc.com/Default.aspx?p=dynamicmodule&pageid=347874&ssid=251267&vnf=1

Yes, definitely one of the most scenic courses ever to host PGA events. I loved the Tiger Woods’ events here. The Par 3’s are just absolutely stunning. The rock formations and backdrops are just breathless. Definitely a course that you need to stop and look around every once in a while and take in the sights.

• Kingspark35

@BIF said...

I’m amazed we got this far without a mention of Friar Tuck. lol

• BrianVT

@TrustinthePlan said...

Would like to know if they lengthened any of the par 5s here? Can’t find any yardage info on the pga site.

Looks like a renovation was done in 2016, but mainly only improved the irrigation system and other infrastructure.

Caitlyn Jenner was on-hand to welcome Jack Nicklaus back.

• BIF

@BrianVT said...

Home to CA’s wealthiest golfers.

Actually that’s not totally true (in isolation) as there are a handful of clubs in and around LA with equivalent star studded membership lists. Sherwood has a bit more of a new money crowd being a newer course without the Hollywood history of some of the older country clubs.

Brentwood CC
    Hillcrest CC
    LACC
    Riviera CC
    Bel-Air CC

• mitchsnyderdfw

@BIF said...

Sherwood CC course tour

61 with a par on the 572 yard Par 5 fourth hole.

Five Par 5’s this week will be fun.

• cplatt87

DJ is out again this week. Also, Salaries are posted. Top 5 (also the only 5 above 10k):

Xander 11.2
    Rahm 11
    JT 10.6
    Rory 10.4
    Hatton 10

• BrianVT

Kuchar in to replace DJ.

• ifthethunder

@BrianVT said...

Kuchar in to replace DJ.

“No King LOOuis or Si WOO Kim? OOTRAGEOUS!” – Team OO
    ~

• j_holiday

New PGR rankings are out! Here are the notable jumps from last week:

5. X. Schauffele (+2)
    17. J. Kokrak (+16)
    26. J. Niemann (+8)
    28. R. Henley (+17)
    31. B. Watson (+10)
    47. S. Munoz (+12)
    52. T. Gooch (+17)
    223. A. Otaegui (+50)

Check out the latest rankings here

DK salaries have been added for the ZOZO Championship. Check out the second tab to see recent form for all players.

@JStocksSmith

• BrianVT

Anybody going back to Wolff? Went to HS near course and has played it “probably 1000 times.”

• blue

Can I interest you in a $6300 Carlos Ortiz?

• ifthethunder

@BrianVT said...

Anybody going back to Wolff? Went to HS near course and has played it “probably 1000 times.”

I want to, because who else will? OTOH the injury? concerns me.

Also I’m thinking of going solo bullet or 3-max this week to cut down on entry fleas. I don’t need 8-15 lineups to get a 6/6 when it’s a no-cut event.
    ~

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.