Rise & Grind: March 11th, 2014
Welcome to the RotoGrinders cup o’morning joe. Start your day off right here with yesterday’s happenings and take a peek at the the upcoming DFS day.
Grab your first cup of coffee and catch up on the latest news!
In Case You Missed It
- Peverly Collapses on Bench – Very scary moment in last night’s Blue Jackets vs. Stars game. Around six minutes into the first period, a panic went up from the Stars’ bench. Rich Peverly had collapsed on the bench and the team doctors immediately rushed him back the team entrance. Peverly has a history of a heart condition that the team had been monitoring and had also caused him to miss the pre-season. He was rushed to a nearby hospital and it was announced to the crowd that he was conscious and talking. The NHL decided to post-pone the game to a later date, as the entire Stars team was visibly shaken prior to leaving the ice. Coach Lindy Ruff gave an update later in the evening saying that the first thing Peverly asked him was “how much time was left in the 1st period.” Only a hockey player! The R&G would like to join the rest of the sports community in wishing Rich a speedy recovery.
- Last Night’s Action – Whoa whoa whoa LBJ and KD, maybe the MVP isn’t just a two-horse race. Coming up to the last quarter pole and gaining fast is one Blake Griffin. Griffin has continued his monster run in the second half of the season, dropping 37 points on the Suns in last night’s big NBA game. Griffin shot 14-16 from the floor and 9-10 from the line. Can you say efficient? He also grabbed 6 rebounds and dished out three assistesses. Michael Carter-Williams went 23-13-10 for the Sixers, notching the trip-dub in a losing effort versus the Knicks. Not sure how that speaks to which team is worse. The 76ers pre-season win total according the Vegas was 16.5. After a quick start, it looked as though the team would easily eclipse that mark. Right now the Sixers are sitting on 16 wins with 19 games remaining, and if I was holding a ticket on the over, I wouldn’t be so sure it was still going to win.
- Tonight’s NBA Action – Tonight we’ve got a seven game schedule for the NBA including four great match-ups. The Spurs head up to Chicago to visit the suddenly scary Bulls. The Trailblazers head to Memphis to face their former Pacific Northwest counter-parts in a game that should be a contrast of styles. The Rockets take on the Thunder in what should be a good old fashioned boarder war. And narrowly edging out that game for the Gary Oldman Fantasy Goodness Game of the Night™ is the late game of Dallas taking on Golden State.
- DSBBC Begins Tonight – If you clicked here earlier today, this wasn’t here. Oops! D4 thought it started tomorrow night! The 30 qualifiers square off tonight, with the Top 20 moving on to tomorrow night’s game slate. Best of luck to everyone!
- Tonight’s NHL Action – Huge nine game slate on ice for the NHL tonight, as teams are fighting for every point heading towards the playoffs. The Penguins and the Capitals finish up their home and home tonight in Pittsburgh. The Devils play the Flyers in a big division game and the Not-As-Bad-As-BillsFan-Says Maple Leafs, continue their west coast swing against the San Jose Sharks.
- Today’s GPP’s – Tonight on DraftStreet there are two big NBA GPPs running at $10k and $8k with $55 and $11 buy-ins respectively. On FanDuel, tonight’s Slam is $70k with a $25 buy-in. The $10 Rebound is getting wiped off the glass with an $18k guarantee. StarStreet is running a bunch of mini-streaks to get into the Qs and Big Streaks for the Playboy Mansion. If you enjoy these multi-day 50/50 tournaments, get on over there and throw in some entries. DraftKings is running the Showtime at $25k tonight with a $109 buy-in. DraftKings, DraftStreet and Fantasy Feud have their PGA games are up for the week, featuring some nice prize pools for the smaller PGA event.
On the Grinders Schedule
- #1) NBA Daily Plays – Peter “DraftCheat” Christensen, one of the great up-and-coming minds of the game, gives you his picks for the NBA day.
- #2) NBA GrindDown – Notorious gets all up into the analysis of tonight’s games in one, easy to read location.
- #3) NHL Daily Plays – JMBWngFn breaks down all the night’s action on the frozen ponds.
- #4) PGA Projections – Notorious shows off his golf prowess, giving you his projections for this week’s tournament in “The Snake Pit” at the Copperhead Course in Innisbrook.
- 3:30: Daily Fantasy Face-Off – The Mustachioed Master of Mayhem, BoggsLite and ElctrcEye kick off our GrindersLive slate with their break-down of tonight’s NHL action.
- 4:30: The Daily Fantasy Happy Hour – The Man, the Myth, the Beard; Crazy Gabey welcomes Peter “CSURam88” Jennings into Gabey’s World for an hour of NBA analysis.
- 5:30: Grinders Live by “Our Sponsor” Draft Kings – Beep Beep Beep You hear that? That’s the money truck backing up with Tommy and Al giving you the picks to dominate this evening’s games.
Is there something else you’d like to see in this column? Questions or comments? Leave them below and we’d be happy to consider them. See you tomorrow!