Rise & Grind: March 12th, 2014
Welcome to the RotoGrinders cup o’morning joe. Start your day off right here with yesterday’s happenings and take a peek at the the upcoming DFS day.
Grab your first cup of coffee and catch up on the latest news!
In Case You Missed It
- The DSBBC Dirty Thirty – The field at the DSBBC has been trimmed down from the Dirty Thirty to the Tumultuous Twenty. ImpulsiveAccordion took medalist honors on night one and also got his second entry through as well. The stacked field is too big to name everyone who made the first cut, but some familiar faces that dropped out early included Naapstermaan and CSURam88 who many thought were field favorites (by many I mean an informal poll I took asking myself). PrimeTime420 just barely eeked one of his line-ups through at #20. The scores are wiped for the remaining twenty, and they start all over again tonight, narrowing the field down to the Tantalizing Ten.
- Last Night’s Action – The Dallas Stars played inspired hockey for their fallen teammate Rich Peverly last night, heading to St Louis and winning 3-2 in OT. If you missed it, the doctor treating Peverly on Monday night said that when Peverly regained consciousness, he asked how much time was left in the 1st period, and wanted to go back in the game. #HockeyTuff #NBAPlayersArePansies … Kevin Durant wears garanmials because he’s a manimal! KD dropped 42 on the Rockets in a 106-98 victory over the Rockets… Phil Jackson may be taking over the front office of the New York Knicks. Who does he fire first? Soooooo many choices! JR Smith better be hitting the clubs as fast as he can, because he’s getting shipped to Timbuktu first chance Phil gets.
- Tonight’s NBA Action – Huge eleven game NBA Wednesday going down tonight. Plenty of mediocre early match-ups (looks like a bunch of snooze-fests… yawn), but the late night picks up with Trail Blazers visiting the Spurs and the Warriors heading down the SoCal to take on the Clippers. The Gary Oldman
MemorialFantasy Goodness Game of the Night™ looks to be the Cavs visiting the Suns or the Pistons heading north of the boarder to play the Raptors. I’ll let the peanut gallery decide which it is today.
- Today’s GPP’s – Day two of the DSBBC whittles the field down to the Tempting Ten. DraftStreet is also running their Wednesday NBA $50k tonight, with a $22 buy-in. Over at FanDuel, where they love their beef jerky, their biggest NBA night of the week is capped off with the $25 buy-in, $110,000 Wednesday Super Slam. There’s also the rebound running at $10 with an $18k prize pool and two $2, $15k Shots as well. StarStreet is qualifying another person for the Playboy Championship tonight. Also many of their mini-streaks are continuing as well. Tonight on DraftKings, the Showtime is running with a $109 buy-in and a $25k prize pool.
On the Grinders Schedule
- #1) NBA Daily Plays – Quite possibly the best all-around player in DFS, STLCardinals84 brings you his favorite plays of the NBA day.
- #2) NBA GrindDown – Notorious gets all up into the analysis of tonight’s games in one, easy to read location.
- #3) NHL Daily Plays – JMBWngFn breaks down all the night’s action on the frozen ponds.
- #4) PGA Preview – Our local caddy for DFS, Gibbathy breaks down this week’s action for the Valspar Championship.
- #4) CBB GrindDown – Varncass has all the info you need as the conference tournaments begin to get into full swing today. If you haven’t started your CBB research for the big March Madness tournaments, now is a great time to start!
- 3:30: The Afternoon Grind – Cheaty and the Brain! Peter “DraftCheat” Christensen and Dean78904 “The Almanac” get three hours of NBA analysis kicked off.
- 4:30: The Daily Fantasy Happy Hour – The Man, the Myth, the Beard; Crazy Gabey welcomes Scott from DraftDay to help him analyze all of tonight’s games.
- 5:30: Grinders Live by “Our Sponsor” Draft Kings – Al Smizzle and Peter “CSURam88” Jennings provide you with all of the last minute line-up info you need for tonight’s cager slate.
Is there something else you’d like to see in this column? Questions or comments? Leave them below and we’d be happy to consider them. See you tomorrow!