Rise & Grind: March 20th, 2014
Welcome to the RotoGrinders cup o’morning joe. Start your day off right here with yesterday’s happenings and take a peek at the the upcoming DFS day.
Grab your first cup of coffee and catch up on the latest news!
In Case You Missed It
- Last Night’s NBA Action – Phil Jackson already made the Knicks winners just with his presence alone, as they dropped the East leading Pacers 92-86 at the Garden. The man is magical!!! Did you have Aaron Brooks last night? He had 27 points and 17 (that is not a typo) assistesses in leading the Nuggets over the Pistons last night… Ricky Rubio filled up the stat sheet with a trip dub going 22-10-15 in the T’wolves OT victory over the Mavs… The 76ers dropped their 22nd in a row. Seriously guys, just one win for over 15.5. You can dooooo it!
- The President Picks Michigan St – One of the more fun things for sports fans, whether you like him or not, is President Obama filling out his bracket every year with Andy Katz. Will he take typically Democratic states or go by using his knowledge? Number one, Vice Prez Biden was pissed at him for taking Mich St over Delaware. Oh Joe. Here’s what I learned from watching him fill it out with Andy Katz: he either watches a lot of College Basketball, or he has someone in his cabinet who does nothing but watch CBB and brief him, because he definitely has more knowledge than the average American.
- Tonight’s Action – It’s NCAA day baby!!! It’s the greatest two days of the year. Twelve hours of do or die College Basketball action for two straight days. This should be a national holiday. Nobody is doing work anyway… The Assocation is running four games out tonight, but ya know College Basketball is on… The NHL has a big nine game schedule tonight, with the Ducks taking on the Sharks in a huge match-up.
- Today’s GPP’s – Still room in today’s CBB contests on DraftStreet, with a little bit of room left in the second Survivor tournament. Also, plenty of spots left in the CBB GPPs over there… FanDuel is rolling out a $60k Slam for tonight’s NBA action. There is still space in their $10k Alley Oop for today’s CBB games as well… Still plenty of room in DraftKing’s CBB contests as well, and a lot of qualifiers running to next week’s $1 Million Bank Shot.
On the Grinders Schedule
- #1) NBA Daily Plays – The hardest working excel-man in DFS, Ethan is using his wordsmything skills to bring you today’s NBA plays.
- #2) NBA GrindDown – Notorious gets all up into the analysis of tonight’s games in one, easy to read location.
- #3) NHL Daily Plays – The Tony M. puts yous guys on ice! He’ll also give you his favorite NHL plays. Capiche?
- #4) CBB GrindDown – Picking your bracket is easy. Picking the best players for DFS isn’t so much. Don’t worry, Varncass is here to break down the games even further for you to help you survive the madness across the industry. Look for Friday’s GrindDown today as well.
- 5:30: The Daily Fantasy Face-Off – Take a quick break from the College Basketball this afternoon and spend an hour with BoggsLite and Pepsi7 as they break down tonight’s NHL action.
- 9:00: College Basketball After Dark – Join the slow-jazzy combo of EMac and STLCardinals84 as they get you ready for Day 2 of the NCAA tournament.
Is there something else you’d like to see in this column? Questions or comments? Leave them below and we’d be happy to consider them. See you tomorrow!