Rise & Grind: March 7th, 2014
Welcome to the RotoGrinders cup o’morning joe. Start your day off right here with yesterday’s happenings and take a peek at the the upcoming DFS day.
Grab your first cup of coffee and catch up on the latest news!
In Case You Missed It
- StatClash Reduces Rake to 5 Percent – People have been asking for it, and a site has finally done it. The folks over at StatClash, who have already broken DFS ground in offering MLS and EPL leagues, have reduced rake on all of their non-guaranteed games to 5%. It will be interesting to see if all of the people who have begged for lower rake, vote with their money and move over to StatClash.
- Last Night’s GPP Action – Last night was the NHL Big Score on DraftStreet, and after a very slow start to the contest, things got really exciting when the Dallas game kicked off, and Benn and Seguin started scoring seemingly on every shift. In the end thekid80 (#989 Overall) rode a Dallas and Phoenix stack with Kari Lehtonen in goal to the $10,000 first prize. Local grinders whits23 and boggslite finished T5 and 10th respectively. The contest did overlay about 25%, but hopefully the powers that be will keep running NHL contests like this.
- The Basketball Diaries – No Leonardo DiCaprio here, just good old HeadChopper (hey, some of us find Chop much cooler than Leo anyway, so win!). Chop breaks down his Wednesday night line-up and gives you insight into his thoughts in the aftermath of the games. A great read for all DFS NBA Players. The Basketball Diaries
- Tonight’s Action – Tonight we’ve got an 11 game NBA slate firing up. There’s some excellent games on paper out there, including the Pacers visiting the Rockets. In terms of DFS, there’s some teams with great match-ups as well. I’m naming tonight’s Gary Oldman Fantasy Goodness Game of the Night™ the Pistons vs. the Twolves. This should be a fairly defenseless affair with plenty of scoring.
- Today’s GPP’s – After a quiet night last night, short of NHL, we’re back on the GPP slate tonight. The final chance to qualify for DSBBC tonight has already filled. Draftstreet does have up some other GPPs including two $10k tournaments for those who missed out. DraftKings is running their $100k MegaCrossover tonight with a $27 buy-in and $10k to first place. The Streak to the Mansion is heading into Day 4 over on StarStreet and is down to 10 players. FanDuel is premiering their big Friday event this week, with the Primetime Slam featuring a $100k prizepool, $25 buy-in and $15,000 to first place. They are also running a $10, $16,000 prize pool tournament and two $2, $15,000 prize pool tournaments as well. Get in on the big action tonight!
On the Grinders Schedule
- #1) NBA Daily Plays – Notorious pulls double duty Friday for him, bringing you today’s Daily Plays and also hits you with the GrindDown.
- #2) NBA GrindDown – Notorious gets all up into the analysis of tonight’s games in one, easy to read location.
- #3) NHL Daily Plays – Fresh off his Top 10 finish in the Big Score last night, BoggsLite is here with his favorite plays for tonight’s hockey action.
- #4) NBA Daily Punts – With all the big GPP action tonight, you’re going to need to find some cheap sleepers. SBK is here with his Daily Punts to help you find some of those guys.
- 3:30: The Afternoon Grind – The Pete and Re-Pete hour! DraftCheat and CSURam88 are here with the early analysis of the games.
- 4:30: The Daily Fantasy Happy Hour Presented by DraftStreet – His beard-liness, CrazyGabey is here with Dean78904, a veritable cornucopia of fantasy info will be given out during this hour.
- 5:30: Grinders Live by “Our Sponsor” Draft Kings – Dan and Al are here to rock your Friday evening and give you all the final line-up advice you will need to take down the big money tonight.
- 8:30: College Basketball After Dark – Emac and STLCardinals break down the busy Saturday College Basketball slate in a sure to be wild Friday night party! Emac may upgrade to Belvedere tonight!
Is there something else you’d like to see in this column? Questions or comments? Leave them below and we’d be happy to consider them. See you tomorrow!