Betfred Sportsbook Promo Code
Betfred, operating in the UK since the mid 1960’s, is well-known for being a fan-centered sportsbook offering action on nearly everything a bettor could want. Across the pond, Betfred has been able to offer online sports betting since 2004, and is such a powerhouse that they actually purchased the government-run sportsbook, The Tote, further embedding itself in the UK betting landscape.
This historic operator is now bringing its services to the US market and is already accepting bets in multiple states, with more on the way. Read on as we recap everything you need to know at Betfred Sportsbook.
Betfred Promo Code Details
Betfred offers different bonuses in each state, so your welcome offer will depend on where you are in the country. Current available offers include:
BetFred Sportsbook Promo Code
|IA Welcome Offer||$200 Free + $500 Wager Match|
|CO Welcome Offer||$200 Free + $500 Wager Match|
|PA Welcome Offer||100% up to $400 Deposit Match|
$500 Wager Match Bonus in CO, IA
Right now Betfred offers sports bettors in Iowa and Colorado the best welcome perks. New sign ups will be able to claim two promotions when they use our state-specific promo code GRINDERS (IA) or GRINDERSCO (CO). There’s free money and a $500 wager match on offer. First, make a deposit of at least $20 to receive $200 in promo cash credited to your account. Promo cash must be wagered – it cannot be immediately withdrawn.
As far as the $500 wager match is concerned, you just need to deposit at least $10 and bet at least $10. Once your wager settles, head over to the ‘Bonuses’ section of your Betfred account and claim the offer. If your first wager was for $50, you’ll get $50 to match in bonus cash. If it was for $250, you’ll get $250, and so on up to the $500 max. Like the free money offer, you need to actually use the bonus money to bet on sports. Only wagers with odds of -200 or worse will count as an initial wager, and any resulting bonus bucks must be used on bets with at least -200 odds. All bonus dollars will expire in a week, so put them in play!
Betfred Sportsbook Setup
Signing up with Betfred is a smooth process, but users will need to provide certain details in order to legally wager. First and foremost, you’ll want to decide whether you’ll be creating the account on your desktop computer or through one of Betfred’s mobile apps.
If you’re playing on iOS, you can simply download the Betfred app from the App Store and proceed to the registration instructions below.
If you’re playing on Android, you’ll need to visit the Betfred website on your device and download the APK file by tapping the “Download for Android” button. Once you’ve done that, enable installations from unknown sources when prompted, and install.
Once you’ve got the app on your device (or you’ve opened the desktop version of Betfred within a web browser), follow these steps to continue:
- Tap or click the “Register” button to open the sign-up form.
- Enter your email, preferred password, and identifying info.
- Choose your security questions.
- IMPORTANT: Enter our exclusive bonus code GRINDERS in the designated ‘Bonus Code’ field.
Lastly, agree to the terms and conditions, verify your age, and hit “Register” to create the account.
It’s a good idea to keep in mind that you will be required to share personal details in order to use the real-money features of Betfred, which includes inputting the last four digits of your SSN. Betfred is a licensed and regulated service, so you can be sure your information is safe. You must be 21+ to bet with Betfred.
Verifying Your Location
It’s especially important to note that all users of legal, online sportsbooks need to share their location when wagering. Mobile users can simply enable location privileges on the Betfred app, while desktop users will need to download and enable the GeoComply plugin.
When downloading the appropriate app, make sure it’s branded with the state you’ll be playing in. Online sportsbooks in the US cannot legally process out-of-state wagers: for example, players using the Betfred Colorado app must wager within the state of Colorado. You don’t have to be a resident, but you do have to be physically present and of legal gambling age to wager.
States with Access to Betfred Sportsbook
The landscape of sports betting is changing. After the repeal of PASPA in 2018, operators from all over the world are now clamoring to get approval and enter the burgeoning US market. Betfred sportsbook is gaining traction throughout the country, and users are wondering if and when their state will be next in line for a Betfred release. Here’s the current lay of the land:
|State||Bonus Code||Bonus||Casino Partner||Launch Date|
|Iowa||GRINDERS||$200 Free & Wager Match up to $500||Grand Falls Casino & Golf Resort||July 7, 2020|
|Colorado||GRINDERSCO||$200 Free & Wager Match up to $500||Saratoga Casino Black Hawk||September 10, 2020|
|Pennsylvania||TBA||100% up to $400 Match||Wind Creek Casino||December 23, 2020|
- Casino Partner: Black Hawk Casino
- Betfred Colorado went online in September 2020, offering online wagering on desktop and mobile.
- Colorado bettors have access to nearly everything on the menu except for prop betting on college sports. Additionally, Colorado sports betting law doesn’t have provisions for eSports, so it’s unlikely we’re going to see any bets on video games unless legislation changes.
- Casino Partner: Grand Falls Casino & Resort
- Betfred went live in Iowa in July 2020
- Remote registration is now available as of January 1, 2021
- Iowa bettors can bet on everything except for Iowa’s collegiate teams. NCAA betting is permitted on teams outside of Iowa.
- Casino Partner: Mohegan Sun
- Betfred is expected to release a mobile sportsbook after their successful partnership with the Virgin-owned Mohegan Sun in Las Vegas, Nevada. Expected to open its doors in 2021, the 60,000 square foot casino resort will include a Betfred sportsbook location, with a mobile app to follow.
- Nevada bettors have access to bets on pretty much everything that’s legal to bet on in the US, including eSports, collegiate sports, and more. High school and other non-professional, non-collegiate events are not allowed, which is the industry standard.
- Casino Partner: Wind Creek Casino
- Betfred is partnered with Wind Creek Casino in Bethlehem, PA. Their brick-and-mortar location has been accepting sports bets to Pennsylvania-based bettors since November 2020. They began accepting online wagers just a few weeks later, just in time for Christmas, on December 23, 2020.
- Bettors in PA will have access to bets including college sports, pro sports, eSports, and more.
Potential States Looking Forward
It’s not a stretch to imagine that Betfred will make efforts to release in other states with legal online sports betting. Currently, in addition to the above, there’s a market for legal wagering in several US states including Virginia, Tennessee, Indiana, and New Jersey.
The latter, New Jersey, has potential for being the next state to announce a Betfred sportsbook because the operator already has an established relationship with NJ-based betting providers. The Meadowlands, famed NJ racetrack and sports complex, partnered with Betfred in 2019 to use their OptimaMGS platform as a backbone for their gaming services. Because of this established partnership, it’s not out of the realm of possibility for Betfred to bring its online sportsbook to the Garden State.
Bet from Any Device
Betfred sportsbook’s product includes support for desktop and mobile browsers, an iOS app, and an Android app. This means that you’ll be able to place bets on-the-go or at your desk, provided you stay within state lines.
The desktop version of the Betfred service is well-optimized and attractive. In some ways, the use of screen real estate on desktop is a bit better than the screen’s feel on mobile, which has the tendency to be a bit cramped.
Betfred, having over 50 years of experience, knows what its users are looking for– stats and betting options. The desktop version of Betfred highlights this by having dynamically updating odds and scores listed right on the lines, which is one more useful data point right in front of you as you place your bets. The bet slip is dynamically updating as well, and docks comfortably on the right side of your screen.
Overall, both the desktop version and the app version of Betfred are well-organized and info-packed, but the desktop version is a little bit easier on the eyes.
The Betfred mobile app has a few rough edges, but mostly provides a streamlined and intuitive betting experience. The betslip functions just as well on mobile as it does on desktop, with the ability to make complex bets with a few taps of a finger. This includes tabs for parlays, teasers, and your bet builder available right on the slip.
You’ll have a wealth of information at your fingertips including dynamically updating scores, same as on desktop. This is a great addition to a mobile platform in particular, as you can follow the score without having to navigate away from the app.
The in-play betting feature is particularly impressive, and selected matches feature a display at the top that shows you the action as the game progresses. This is one of the most modern feeling features we’ve gotten to experiment with on an online sportsbook, and the fact that it’s built in as opposed to being a separate stats app download is fantastic.
To nitpick, however, it’s a bit annoying that the Betfred app requires you to allow access to contacts, phone calls, and media. It’s understandable that the app would want access to make calls, in case you tap the customer service hotline, but there’s no reason that the app should need access to your contacts in order to continue.
Additionally, there were some glitches on mobile. The most prominent glitch was that some menu buttons didn’t function, primarily the “hamburger” menu at the top left (referring to the three horizontal lines that indicate a drop-down menu). The bottom left menu operated as we would have expected the top left menu to operate, but when tapping the drop-down menu icon, everything was blank. This issue persisted throughout our sessions on the app.
Despite these concerns, the mobile version of the Betfred app is a nice addition to any bettor’s home screen, and is worth a download.
Why Play at Betfred Online Sportsbook?
Reputation and Experience
Simply put, Betfred has been offering legal and regulated sports betting services to customers since the 1960s. In that time, Betfred has expanded operations extensively, and even was chosen to take over the UK’s government backed betting service (known as The Tote) in 2011, after being hand picked by the UK Culture Secretary.
Having the backing of a state’s chosen gaming enforcement division is a must for any sports bettor in the US, and Betfred ticks that box. It is now bringing that trusted service stateside where its reputation will only grow.
Betfred’s online sportsbook has a solid selection of extra features that make it a strong competitor in the US sports betting market. Dynamic betslips with multiple bet options are available in seconds, and there are many bet options to choose from including parlays, teasers, and more. Additionally, the in-play betting features shows a graphic that updates you on the action in real time, which is a really neat addition for a modern sportsbook to include.
Betfred Sportsbook Deposits and Withdrawals
Before we go into detail about the available cashier methods at Betfred, it’s important to note that these methods will differ based on the state you are accessing the site from. It’s important to check your state for the most accurate picture of available banking methods.
- VIP Preferred / eCheck: VIP Preferred is one of the most ubiquitous forms of payment available on a regulated online sportsbook. This is essentially an e-check with extra verification, so check with your banking provider/financial institution to make sure they accept transactions from betting platforms– not all do.
- Play+ Prepaid Card: The Play+ Prepaid Card is becoming a common option for online sportsbooks and other legal wagering sites. This is because it functions like a Discover card but also allows for third-party payments like PayPal or a direct link to your bank account. Using the Play+ prepaid card is a preferred method of banking because it is secure and versatile, functioning as a Discover debit card while being available for both deposits and withdrawals to your online sportsbook account.
- In-Person: Most online sportsbooks with a physical (or “brick-and-mortar”) backing partner allow you to do your banking in-person. This will, of course, require you to travel, but it’s convenient to be able to do all your banking in one place, including cashing out. When you are ready to make your deposit in-person, you can visit the brand’s partner casino in your state and hand over money right at the cage.
- PayNearMe: Pay in-person at the local Family Dollar, CVS, or 7Eleven. Start the transaction online and finish by handing over cash at the retail register.
- VIP Preferred: You can also use VIP Preferred for withdrawals. This is a great way to withdraw your winnings while adding an extra layer of security and verification.
- Play+ Prepaid Card: The Play+ Card allows you to link to a bank account or PayPal, and therefore is a great way to withdraw funds from your online sportsbook account with some extra verification. Additionally, this card can be used as a debit card, so that’s another reason to opt for this banking preference.
- In-Person: As with deposits, you can make withdrawals of winnings in-person too.
- Paper Check: Slow and steady, delivered through the mail.
What to Bet on: Available Markets
Betfred has a decent selection of available betting markets, though we’d like to see a bit more representation for some more niche sports. Still, users will have all their favorites to choose from, including:
- Table Tennis
- Ice Hockey
Betfred offers the full menu of bets, including complex bet types. You can place the following bets at Betfred sportsbook, and many more:
- Complex Multis
Betfred Sportsbook Rewards Program
At the moment, Betfred doesn’t offer any kind of rewards program. As the Betfred platform started as a sportsbook without ties to any casinos or resorts, the idea of paying points into a comp or cashback program wasn’t really standard.
Now that sports betting operators in the US are typically required to partner with physical casinos, racetracks, sports complexes, and resorts, we’re seeing an upward trend in rewards programs offering points and comps for online play. We’re hoping to see this change in the near future, as a rewards program is a great way to build customer loyalty and reward players for every dollar they spend.
Betfred Online Sportsbook Company Info
Betfred is well-known across the Atlantic, and brought its services to the US when the legal gambling market opened up in 2018 after PASPA was shot down. PASPA, the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act, was the law essentially banning sports betting on a federal level. In its absence, Betfred and numerous other betting providers have set their sites on the US market.
It took a few years to smooth out the transition, but in July 2020, Betfred announced that it would be opening its doors in partnership with the Grand Falls Casino & Resort in Iowa, with an app to follow. Now, Betfred has agreements in a growing number US states with more expected in the near future.
Betfred Customer Support
At the moment, email, text and phone support are the ways for you to get in touch with Betfred help. Inexplicably, there is no FAQ section either. Most online sportsbooks include a small section on betting instructions, banking methods, and other concerns, but nothing of the sort is to be found currently on Betfred.
Betfred Sportsbook FAQ
Where’s the Betfred app for Android?
To find the Betfred app for Android, visit the Betfred website using your Android device and look for the Download button at the bottom left of the site. From there, install the APK file and follow our instructions for registration. The Play Store does not allow for any real-money wagering apps to be listed for download, so Android users must find all real-money wagering apps on their operator’s website.
Is there a Betfred bonus code?
Yes – use the exclusive Betfred bonus code GRINDERS when creating your account in Iowa to lock in the risk-free bet promotion. If you’re in Colorado, use code GRINDERSCO.
Which states have access to Betfred?
There are three states in which Betfred is actively offering bets, Colorado, Iowa, and Pennsylvania.
Why do I have to share my location when wagering?
As all US sports betting is regulated at the state level, operators are not permitted to accept wagers outside of the state in which they’re licensed. You don’t have to be a resident of the state, but you must be 21+ and share your location whenever placing wagers in order to abide by state and federal statutes.
Is Betfred legal?
Yes, but make sure you’re betting in a legal state (check the list above)… and that you’re not on the UK version of the site.
What’s the Betfred Sportsbook welcome offer?
It depends where you are! Betfred generally offers a different bonus in each state, so refer to the tables and bonus breakdown above for more info.