BetStars NJ Sports Betting Review
- Great Promotions
- Variety of Bet Types
- Bet Sports and Play Poker
Available in the following states:
BetStars is an online sports book that is legal and licensed in New Jersey. Having launched on September 13th, 2018, BetStars takes real money online bets through their online gaming partnership with Resorts Casino.
Bonuses and Promotions
|Promo Code||No Promo Code Needed|
|Deposit Bonus||Up To $500 in Free Bets|
|AC Partner||Resorts AC|
BetStars is leading the way in New Jersey by offering six generous promotions in their new sportsbook. Unlike with other online sportsbooks, these offers are available to both new signups and those that already have PokerStars or StarsCasinos accounts. In fact, if you already have a balance in either of those accounts, you are ready to start taking advantage of the following bonuses, no deposit required!
Bet $25 and receive a $5 Free Bet
You must open your “Challenges” window and opt-in to this promotion. Wager $25 in total between midnight on Monday and 11:59pm on Sunday of any given week and your account will be credited with a $5 free bet within 36 hours.
New Player Sign Up Bonus up to $500
Place your first sports bet and BetStars will match that bet in the form of a Free Bet up to $50.
After the initial $50 match, for every additional $150, BetStars will give you an additional $50 Free Bet up to a total of $450 in additional free bets. In other words, if you wager a total of $1350, you will receive the full $500 in Free Bets.
The terms of the sign up bonus are as follows:
- Minimum odds of +100 are required for the wagers to qualify towards the bonus.
- Players that sign up through BetStars and make their first deposit with Skrill or Neteller are not eligible for this promotion.
- Offer is available only to customers that place their first bet by October 14th, 2018, and you will then have 90 days to place the qualifying bets.
BetStars 100/1 Super Bowl Winner
Place a $5 bet from your cash balance before September 30th, 2018 on any team to win the Super Bowl and you will get 100/1 odds.
Super Boost is a selection of three teams to win and the available teams will be made available every Saturday and Sunday throughout the NFL season.
Enjoy bigger odds on three pre-selected NFL players to score a touchdown. This promotion will be offered every Sunday, Monday and Thursday during the NFL season.
Spin & Bet
For 10% of your bet (up to $100), you can spin the wheel for a chance to win an odds increase of up to 10x.
If your team is winning, you can cash out before the game is over for a portion of your potential winnings, to avoid a late game comeback that might ruin your chance of winning. You can also cut your losses if your team is behind.
Taking bets as low as $0.01 and covering all the major Sports markets, BetStars is setting itself up to be a strong competitor in this quickly growing market. This online sportsbook offers single game, bets parlays, round robin parlays and in-game betting. Sportsbooks in New Jersey are prohibited from taking bets on matches that take place in New Jersey and games that include a team or school that is based in New Jersey.
Betting is available on all the typical point spreads, money lines, totals bets and futures bets but one of the most exciting features is the in-game betting feature. In-game betting allows users to instantly place bets on all the action in real time while the app automatically updates betting odds in real time. This means you are able to bet on each at bat in baseball, every down in football, and every point in tennis. Bettors can also choose how the odds are displayed, choosing from three different options, Decimal (ex 1.50) Fractional (10/1) or American (ex +150 or -225).
BetStars is only available mobile poker app for now — but the desktop version should be available in early 2019. To access the sportsbook, simply open the PokerStars app, sign in and click the “Sports” button on the home screen. Sports can also be accessed via the “More” menu by selecting “Sports.”
Accounts are shared, so if you already have money on PokerStars or Stars Casino, you can use that balance on BetStars. Once you are on the sportsbook section of the app, everything you need is conveniently laid out on their homepage. Available in game betting option, available markets, BetStars generous promotion, your bet slip and other highlights are all just a click away.
- Baseball (MLB)
- Football (NFL)
- Hockey (NHL)
- Basketball (NBA)
- College Sports (Football, Basketball)
- Soccer (MLS, Most international Leagues)
- Motor Sports
Deposits and Withdrawals
There are several methods to fund your BetStars account, but only three to withdraw. To make deposits and withdrawals, go to the cashier and select “Make a deposit.” Select the method you would like to use. Limits and processing times vary based on the method you choose and will need to be verified by BetStars support services before funds are made available. One popular method that is not available is PayPal, but BetStars has stated they expect it to be added by early 2019.
- ACH/Echeck – Securely links your bank account for easy instant deposits.
- Credit/Debit – Use your Visa or Mastercard to fund your account. Note: Some banks still block online gaming transactions or charge a fee, so it’s important to contact your bank for more information.
- PokerStars Play+ prepaid card – PokerStars Play+ is a personalized prepaid card account that can be funded by any bank account, credit card, or debit card. This card can instantly be used and will take up to three weeks for the actual card to show up in the mail.
- Neteller – This is an online e-wallet that allows you to make secure and instant deposits after linking your credit or debit card. If you are planning on taking advantage of the deposit bonuses, we suggest using a different method.
- PayNearMe – Instantly and securely fund your account with cash at any 7-11 in New Jersey.
- Cash at Resorts Cage – If you prefer an in-person method with a very high $30,000 deposit limit, just visit Resorts Casino in Atlantic City to instantly fund your account.
- Skrill – Use Skrill to fund your account using 40 currencies. This is a great option for international players visiting New Jersey.
- Instant online banking – Set up online bill pay with any of the following banks and instantly start placing bets:
- Bank of America
- Capital One 360
- U.S. Bank
- Wells Fargo
- ACH/Echecks – Securely transfer funds to your bank account in 3-5 business days after the transaction is approved by BetStars.
- Cash at Resorts Cage – Simply request a cash out on the app and pick up your money at the resorts cage.
- Neteller – Use the Neteller Ewallet to securely transfer your funds.
- Skrill – Send your withdrawal to Skrill where it can be converted to 40 different currencies.
- PokerStars Play+ Card – Easily withdraw to your card, take your winnings out via any ATM, or use the card anywhere Discover is accepted.
Geolocation technology uses your phone’s GPS, IP address, and available Wi-Fi networks to verify that you are physically located in New Jersey. Since BetStars is only available on the mobile app, they rely heavily on the GPS feature. If BetStars is having trouble verifying your location, check to be sure that you are allowing the app to find your location and that your Wi-Fi is turned on.
Deposits and withdrawals can be made from outside of New Jersey, but to place a bet, you must be physically located in the state. However, you do not have to be a New Jersey resident to participate.
BetStars Online Sportsbook Company Information
BetStars is the sports betting brand of The Stars Group who also owns and operates PokerStars and PokerStars Casino in New Jersey. BetStars is able to operate online gaming in New Jersey through their deal with Resorts Casino, a land-based casino located in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
The Stars group, although new to sports betting in New Jersey, has made it presence known in the international online sports betting market, earning over $800 million dollars in 2017 alone.
The Stars Group is known for pushing the envelope when it comes to innovation as it has set its sights on becoming a huge force in the U.S. online gambling market beyond New Jersey.
BetStars has partnered with Mount Airy Casino in Pennsylvania for online poker, casino and sports betting. With their generous bonuses and one-of-a-kind promotions, BetStars has the potential to become the number one operator not only in New Jersey, but across the US.
How do I contact BetStars if I am having trouble?
There are a few convenient options to contact support. You can find answers in the FAQs under the “Settings and Tools” section. If you would like help from a live person in real time, live chat is available 24/7, or you can send an email to email@example.com. If you want to connect directly from the site, there is an online support form. There is no phone number listed but you can request a callback between the hours of 10am-10pm via the app as well.
Can I place bets on BetStars from my computer?
Currently, you can only place bets on your mobile device. BetStars has stated that the desktop version should be available in early 2019.
Who can place bets on BetStars?
Anyone who is physically located in New Jersey and is 21 years of age or older.
What can I do if I have a gambling problem or just need a break?
There are several options for “Responsible Gaming” including self-exclusion, limiting deposits, time limits or temporary self-suspension. You can also seek help by calling 1-800-GAMBLER.
i I am new to sports betting, does BetStars have any resources to help explain all the complicated lingo and numbers?
You can find all the information you need to get started at https://www.betstarsnj.com/faq/.