DraftKings Sportsbook Promo Code
DraftKings, born in 2012 and known around the world as a trailblazer for Daily Fantasy Sports, now offers online sports betting. Fully licensed and legal, the first DraftKings Sportsbook launched in New Jersey on August 6th, 2018, making it the first online book to market in the state. In the time since DraftKings has enjoyed successful growth to a multitude of new states including Indiana, Pennsylvania, and Colorado, amongst others, and shows no signs of slowing down.
Sign up requirements, mobile apps, eligible states, deposit bonuses, promo codes, and promotions – if you have questions relating to DraftKings Sportsbook, we’ll cover them here. Let’s settle in and get started.
- 1 DraftKings Sportsbook Promo Code Info
- 2 Preparing To Bet With DraftKings
- 3 DraftKings Sportsbook: Current States
- 4 New Markets On The Horizon
- 5 Bet With a Browser or Mobile App
- 6 Bets Offered at DraftKings Online Sportsbook
- 7 Available Betting Markets
- 8 DraftKings Sportsbook Deposits and Withdrawal
- 9 DraftKings Sportsbook Company Information
- 10 Draftkings Sportsbook FAQs
DraftKings Sportsbook Promo Code Info
DraftKings NJ Promo Code
|No Deposit / Free Bet||$500 Risk-Free Bet|
|First Deposit Bonus||20% up to $500|
DraftKings offers a two-part welcome bonus that is consistent throughout the country. Regardless of the regulated state, the bonus generally remains the same:
Part 1 – $500 Risk-Free Bet
DraftKings sportsbook is offering a $500 Risk Free Bet to new customers, no promo code needed. As long as you register using one of the links on this page, then the first wager you place is risk-free. How does a risk-free bet work?
After creating an account, place your first real money wager and DraftKings will award you with a Free Bet that is equal to the amount of that wager, up to $500.
For example, if your first wager with DraftKings Sportsbook is for $500, you will instantly receive a $500 free bet regardless of whether it wins or loses. The free bet must be used within 30 days, and you won’t receive the bonus stake back in addition to any free bet profits. I.e., winning said $500 free wager with even odds would net you $500 total, not $1,000 ($500 original stake + $500 winnings).
Part 2 – 20% up to $500 Deposit Match
Additionally, DraftKings is offering a 20% up to $500 deposit match bonus. This means to receive the full $500 bonus you would need to deposit $2500. The bonus does have a 25x wagering requirement to keep in mind. For every $25 played on DraftKings Sportsbook, casino, or via DFS contests, $1 in bonus funds will be released to your account.
Notably, when betting on sports, wagers need to have odds of -300 or longer to qualify. The bonus will expire after 90 days.
Having a DraftKings fantasy sports account DOES NOT disqualify you from this offer. Remember, DraftKings does not require a promo code to receive these perks.
Preparing To Bet With DraftKings
DraftKings will accept bets from all persons who are legally allowed to place them. Generally, as long as you’re in a state in which DraftKings Sportsbook operates, and of age, you’re good to go.
With just a few exceptions the age requirement to bet on sports in the U.S. is 21+. DraftKings is the exclusive sports betting provider in New Hampshire, however, which chose to set their betting age at just 18.
Creating a DraftKings Sportsbook account can be done without much fuss. You’ll need to provide some personal information like your legal name, address, birthday, choose a password, etc. Crucially, the last four digits of your Social Security Number are also required before you’ll be allowed to place a bet.
The first requirement we mentioned, location, is vitally important for online sports betting in the U.S. If your person is not present inside of a state that has legal sports betting, you won’t be able to place a wager… even if you already have an account and funds to bet with. Since online sports betting is obviously done digitally, DraftKings relies on geolocation tech to confirm your location.
When betting from the DraftKings mobile app using a phone or tablet, simply enable location services. The app will be able to pull the info it needs from the built-in GPS chip on your device. If you want to bet from a laptop or desktop computer you’ll be prompted to download and install a separate geolocation plugin program that can certify your location.
DraftKings Sportsbook: Current States
To put it as a metaphor, DraftKings Sportsbook is the water to the U.S. sports betting market’s glass. No matter the size of the glass, DraftKings will expand to fill it. The company’s sports betting presence in the country is near ubiquitous, with successful operations in an impressive, growing collection of states. You can currently bet with DraftKings in all of the following:
|State||Bonus||Casino Partner||Launch Date|
|New Jersey||Get Bonus||Resorts AC||August 6, 2018|
|West Virginia||Get Bonus||Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races||August 28, 2019|
|Indiana||Get Bonus||Ameristar Casino East Chicago||October 3, 2019|
|Pennsylvania||Get Bonus||Hollywood Casino at Penn National||November 4, 2019|
|Iowa||Get Bonus||Wild Rose Jefferson, Emmetsburg, and Clinton||February 19, 2020|
|Colorado||Get Bonus||Golden Gulch Casino, Mardi Gras Casino||May 1, 2020|
|Michigan||TBD||Bay Mills Resort Casino||Est. Fall 2020|
|Illinois||TBD||Casino Queen East St. Louis||TBD|
Now, one would think that because it’s the same company, in the same country, that the DraftKings Sportsbook experience would be consistent from state to state. For the most part, that is true. However, since every individual state government can craft its own rules, there are some niche differences worth noting… and note we will:
- Casino Partner: Resorts AC
- New Jersey sports betting has a few restrictions surrounding college sports:
- New Jersey colleges are off limits. Rutgers, Seton Hall, Princeton – all of them, no matter where they’re competing.
- College competitions hosted in-state are similarly restricted, no matter whose playing. If the college football National Championship game came to Metlife Stadium, NJ online sportsbooks won’t be able to take bets on it.
- DraftKings Casino is also available in the Garden State.
- Casino Partner: Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races
- DraftKings isn’t the retail sportsbook sponsor on site at the Hollywood Casino Charles Town. As a Penn National property, we anticipate that Barstool Sportsbook will eventually assume that honor.
- Overall, West Virginia has a fairly standard, liberal betting market with few restrictions.
- Casino Partner: Ameristar Casino East Chicago
- Indiana is pretty much par for the sports betting course. You can bet on all major sports and register in-person, or online.
- Casino Partner: Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course
- In Pennsylvania, much like WV, DraftKings is licensed through a Penn National property and operates as an online sports betting skin.
- PA books are only allowed to offer odds on sporting events. For example, you can’t bet on the presidential election or the Oscars.
- Casino Partner: Wild Rose Jefferson, Wild Rose Emmetsburg, Wild Rose Clinton
- In-person registration is required in Iowa. Through January 1, 2021, before you can bet online you must first visit one of the Wild Rose locations and complete the registration process in-person. It’s cumbersome, but a relatively quick process once you get there. Plus, it is temporary.
- The age requirement to bet with DraftKings Online Sportsbook in New Hampshire is just 18. This is contrary to pretty much every other regulated market in the country.
- DraftKings reached an exclusive agreement to be the lone provider of sports betting to the state of New Hampshire. DK is the only book in town.
- Casino Partner: Golden Gulch Casino, Mardi Gras Casino
- In keeping with state history, Colorado struck gold. The state approved a huge list of potential bets and markets. DraftKings will be able to offer odds on pretty much anything you could hope to bet on in CO.
Michigan (coming soon)
- Casino Partner: Bay Mills Resort & Casino
- Michigan is inexpensive for sports betting operators, which should lead to competitive pricing and promotions.
- Online sports betting could begin as early as Fall 2020.
Illinois (coming soon)
- Casino Partner: Casino Queen East Saint Louis
- DraftKings and FanDuel were initially placed in the Illinois ‘penalty box’, which effectively prohibited them from entering the state for 18 months after online betting began.
- In a proactive move related to the COVID-19 pandemic, Gov. J.B. Pritzker issued an executive order in June 2020 that expedited this process. Expect to see DraftKings Sportsbook IL sooner, rather than later.
New Markets On The Horizon
Don’t see your state listed above? There are several that have already legalized sports betting it and are working towards an online launch. Once these markets are live, we can assume that DraftKings will be in them.
- Tennessee – The first state to approve online-only sports betting. Legislators are targeting a fall/winter 2020 debut.
- Virginia – Another state that’s void of any gambling infrastructure, VA will soon have both online and retail options. Expect online-focused sites, like DraftKings, to be first to market.
Bet With a Browser or Mobile App
DraftKings is available through both iOS and Android apps, or via desktop with the use of a web browser. The desktop version allows users to easily switch between DFS, sportsbook, and casino (in states that permit it), and shares balances across all platforms through one wallet.
Generally speaking it is a more spacious version of the mobile product, but both are very similar.
The overall DraftKings layout is very user friendly and allows both sports betting veterans and rookies alike to easily find what they are looking for. Popular games are listed on the top of the screen with a drop-down menu to find any, and all sports listed A-Z. Above this, a link to your active bets and live in-game betting options, with a betting slip prominently displayed on the right for an easy summary of wagers and potential payouts.
The mobile app runs through a list of menu options along the bottom of the screen. Similarly, your betslip will pop up from the bottom as opposed to on the right, as it does on the browser-based version. DraftKings, having operated its DFS app successfully for years, is no stranger to optimized mobile products. Their sportsbook app is a success.
Bets Offered at DraftKings Online Sportsbook
DraftKings is taking real money online wagers on all the major sports for as little as $0.10. All the standard betting options are available, including single game bets, parlays up to 12 bets combined, round robin parlays (multiple parlays on one ticket) and teasers. Odds can easily be changed to three different formats, American (+143, -150) Decimal (1.20, 3.50) or Fractional (10/1, 9/5).
Bets can be made on the typical point spreads, money lines, and totals. The most exciting and innovative feature is “Live” in-game betting. Live betting allows users to place bets as the action happens. You can wager on every pitch, every down, or every point, and the odds are constantly updating in real time. There is also a “cash out” feature that allows bettors to do just that. Before the outcome of your wager is decided, using the odds displayed in the in-game betting section, you can pull the rip cord and claim an early (though smaller) win, or a less painful loss if things aren’t looking good.
Available Betting Markets
All major betting markets permitted by state law will be available on DraftKings Sportsbook. Some states, like Colorado for example, will have more niche choices, but you can count on pretty much all of the following no matter where you are:
- Baseball: MLB, College
- Basketball: NBA, College, FIBA, International Play
- Football: NFL, College
- Hockey: NHL, College
- Rugby Union
- Soccer: MLS, and a huge variety of international leagues including the Premier League, Champions League, La Liga, etc.
DraftKings Sportsbook Deposits and Withdrawal
Available banking options will depend on the state you’re looking to bet in, but across the board the methods found will be pretty similar. It’s safe to assume that states that launched a while ago, like NJ, will have more choice than the new additions.
Visa/Mastercard/Discover – Conveniently use your Visa, MasterCard, or Discover to fund your account.
ACH – Securely and conveniently fund your DraftKings account using your banks bill pay option.
PayPal – Safely and securely use the most popular eWallet in the world to transfer funds to your account
DraftKings Play+ Card – DraftKings Prepaid Play+ Card is a personalized, prepaid card account that can be funded by any bank account, credit card, or debit card.
Wire Transfer – Transfer funds directly to your DraftKings account from your bank account via wire transfer.
PayNearMe – Initiate a withdrawal online and receive a barcode, then head over to the local Family Dollar, Dollar General, CVS, or 7Eleven. The cashier can scan the barcode and accept your cash deposit right at the register. You’ll be betting in minutes.
Cash at the Casino Cage – Depending on the state, DraftKings may have a retail sportsbook presence where you can visit the casino cage and deposit funds in-person.
Cash at the Casino Cage – You can deposit this way, and withdraw.
Check – Request a paper check that will be sent to the address associated with your DraftKings sportsbook account. Definitely not the fastest method, but it works.
PayPal – Using the world’s most popular eWallet, securely transfer your winnings to your existing PayPal account. Typically, PayPal withdrawals can only be completed if you used PayPal as your deposit method.
ACH – Cash out using your banks online bill pay option.
DraftKings Prepaid Play+ – Request your online funds credited back to your prepaid Play+ card.
DraftKings Sportsbook Rewards Program and Promotions
By tapping on the Rewards > My Rewards button at the top of the DK homepage its possible check out the offers that are currently available to you. The DraftKings Sportsbook loyalty program isn’t an exact science. It revolves around the completion of specific “missions” to receive corresponding rewards, though the missions will be unique to you. Generally speaking though it is volume based, so the more you wager, the more you’re likely to get back.
Under Rewards > Promotions you can see all of the site-wide offers that DraftKings has made available. Common promos include:
- Odds Boost
- Free Bets
- Reload Bonuses
- Bet Insurance
- Free Pools
- Refer A Friend
If you need support, just scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Contact Us” and it will take you to a page with all of the available options. The choices below can be utilized 24 hours a day, and seven days a week.
- Send A Message – Simply fill out the form and DraftKings will send you an email response.
- Live Chat – Live chat isn’t immediately available on this page, but after you are on the contact us page for about 10-15 seconds a pop up will appear on the bottom right corner. Enter your question and a live agent will provide a prompt reply.
- Email – You can also send DraftKings an email directly to email@example.com.
DraftKings Sportsbook Company Information
Three years after rival FanDuel launched its daily fantasy sports site, DraftKings was founded in Boston by three former VistaPrint employees. They quickly raised over $1.4 million in funding to jump start the business. The very next year DraftKings received more funding from Major League Baseball, an industry first, and an additional $24 million from other big-name investors. DraftKings quickly rose to the number two DFS company in the United States. By 2014, DraftKings reported 50,000 active daily users and after acquiring rival DraftStreet, increased its user base by an additional 50%.
In 2015, DraftKings signed deals with the NHL and MLB, plus an advertising deal with ESPN worth $250 million. This was followed by a $300 million funding deal from Fox Sports, the Kraft Group, and other investors.
With DFS sitting in a grey legal area, ESPN backed out of their deal due to uncertainties. DraftKings was also subject to many legal issues ranging from its marketing strategies, to broader questions surrounding the legality of DFS as a whole. This eventually led to a $1.3 million payment to the Massachusetts attorney general’s office.
Merge Denied, Sportsbook Expansion
In 2017, DraftKings and FanDuel announced their intention to merge, uniting the two biggest players in the DFS industry. The FTC ended up blocking the deal, stating that the merger would create a monopoly. Between the two companies, they would have controlled over 90% of the market.
A year later in 2018, the Supreme Court declared the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) unconstitutional, which opened the floodgates for states to legalize “Vegas style” sports betting. New Jersey, which served as the catalyst for PASPA’s repeal, was the first to jump on the opportunity. DraftKings was the first legal online sportsbook to launch in the state, accepting its first wagers on August 6, 2018, almost a month before anyone else.
In the years since DraftKings has rapidly grown its web to U.S. states around the country, and shows no signs of a slow down.
Draftkings Sportsbook FAQs
Who can place bets on DraftKings?
Anyone who is 21 years of age or older and is physically located in a state with legal wagering. Current, active states include: New Jersey, West Virginia, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Colorado, and New Hampshire. Michigan and Illinois are expected to open soon.
Do I have to live in a certain location to bet on DraftKings?
No. You just have to be physically located in a state with legal wagering. Your state of residence does not matter.
I have a DFS account with DraftKings, can I use those funds to place sports bets?
Yes! The DFS and sportsbooks funds are shared across both sites.
Is DraftKings Sportsbook legal?
Yes it is. DraftKings Sportsbook has obtained all of the necessary licenses to offer legal, regulated online sportsbooks in a variety of U.S. states.
How can I withdrawal funds from my account?
Cashouts are available through a variety of methods, but ultimately it will depend on which state-specific DK sportsbook you are withdrawing from. Popular methods include paper checks, ACH/eChecks, PayPal, Play+ cards, bank wires, or even cash at the casino cage (where applicable).
What can I do if I have a gambling problem or just need a break?
There are several options for “Responsible Gaming” including self-exclusion, limiting deposits, time limits, or temporary self-suspension. You can also seek help by calling 1-800-GAMBLER.