FanDuel Sportsbook Promo Code
FanDuel, founded in 2009, played an integral roll in the growth of Daily Fantasy Sports in the United States and is doing the same with online sports betting. The company launched its first sports betting venture in New Jersey during September 2018, accepting wagers just in time for the NFL season. FanDuel Sportsbook is now available throughout the country, where legislation permits.
This page will function as our central hub for FanDuel Sportsbook. We’ll address which states you can bet in, how to create an account, mobile apps, and how to get the most value while betting with the use of exclusive promo codes and bonuses.
FanDuel Promo Code Details
FanDuel Sportsbook Promo Code
|Welcome Bonus||$1000 Risk Free Bet|
$1000 Risk-Free Bet
The current FanDuel welcome offer is simple, and the value sizable. It’s a one-time use, $1000 risk-free bet. To claim it, create your FanDuel Sportsbook account after clicking through any of the links available on this page and make your first real money deposit.
Once you’ve got ammo to bet with, your first real money wager is risk-free up to a maximum total of $1000. If the wager loses you will be refunded with a one-time free bet in the same amount up to $1000. For example, if your first bet in the FanDuel Sportsbook was for $300 and you don’t get the desired result, you would receive a $300 free bet.
Unlike other books, the free bet pays out the bet amount and the profit. For example, if you placed a $1000 bet at +100 with your free bet, you would get $2000 ($1000 bet + $1000 profit) payout with FanDuel, but with other books, you would only get the $1000 profit payout.
FanDuel Sportsbook Set Up
You can sign up on FanDuel Sportsbook from anywhere. It doesn’t matter where you live, or where you’re located at the time. Just fill out the registration form and you’re right on track.
New sign ups have to provide some personal details and make a few normal account setup choices. You’ll need to offer up the following:
- Date of Birth
- Security Questions (2)
- Social Security Number
Online sports betting in the U.S. has two main restrictions, age and location. If you’re not at least 21 years old and located in a state with legal betting, you’re out of luck. Your SSN, in addition to the other personal info you provide will verify your age, while the location check will require a little external help.
If FanDuel doesn’t know exactly where you are, you can’t place a wager. To confirm this, the sportsbook will require computer bettors to download an extra program or plugin for geolocation. Using your WiFi signal, it can pinpoint your location and then relay that info over to FanDuel.
If you’re a mobile bettor the process of geolocation is a bit easier. Simply grant the app access to the devices GPS chip, usually controlled within the Location Services menu, and you’re good to go.
It’s worth mentioning that you can browse the sportsbook as much as you want, scout out lines, and even build up your bet slip while you’re NOT in a state with legal online sports betting. However, before you can hit the final “Bet” button, you’ll need to visit a state where FanDuel is active, and sports betting is legal.
States With Access to FanDuel Sportsbook
So where can I bet? It’s one of the big questions surrounding the current online sports betting market in the U.S. Crossing over a bridge or driving across an unmarked border can make a world of difference right now in the world of sports betting.
Following the 2018 repeal of PASPA, the federal law restricting the industry, all states got the green light to pursue sports betting. However, as any American can tell you, each state is a little different. Without federal legislation, the country is now home to a rapidly increasing number of similar, but ultimately separate sports betting markets. We’ll use this section to give you the gist of what the overall scene looks like in each state where FanDuel Sportsbook is active and accepting bets.
|State||Bonus||License Partner||Launch Date|
|New Jersey||Get Bonus||Meadowlands Racetrack||September 7, 2018|
|Pennsylvania||Get Bonus||Valley Forge Casino||July 22, 2019|
|West Virginia||Get Bonus||The Greenbrier||August 26, 2019|
|Indiana||Get Bonus||Belterra Casino + Blue Chip Casino||October 22, 2019|
|Colorado||Get Bonus||Mardi Gras Casino + Golden Gates Casino||May 1, 2020|
|Illinois||Get Bonus||Par-A-Dice Casino||August 29, 2020|
|Iowa||Get Bonus||Diamond Jo + Diamond Jo Worth||September 3, 2020|
|Tennessee||Get Bonus||N/A - TN is only online||November 1, 2020|
|Virginia||Get Bonus||Washington Football Team||January 21, 2021|
- Casino Partner: Meadowlands Racetrack
- FanDuel is the name sponsor for the on-site retail sportsbook at the Meadowlands. It accepted its first bets in July 2018, a few months before online operations began.
- The first new state to offer legal sports betting post-PASPA, New Jersey has just a few main limitations – both surrounding college sports.
- Both in-state college teams, and college competitions held in-state are illegal to wager on. You won’t find them offered at NJ sportsbooks, online or retail.
- Casino partner: Valley Forge Casino
- The second official FanDuel Sportsbook opened for retail wagering in March ’19 at Valley Forge.
- There are no major sports restrictions in Pennsylvania. The state did outlaw wagers on non-sports related activities though… so no election speculation or betting on Best Picture at the Oscars.
- Casino Partner: The Greenbrier
- FanDuel opened its retail sportsbook at The Greenbrier in September 2018.
- Few notable sports betting restrictions. West Virginia bettors can place action on all major sports.
- Casino Partner: Belterra Casino, Blue Chip Casino
- FanDuel Sportsbook is again the name sponsor on-site at the Belterra Casino Resort, and the Blue Chip. Retail wagering began in September 2019, a little over a month before online betting began in Indiana.
- Casino Partner: Mardi Gras Casino, Golden Gates Casino
- Colorado legislators had fun setting the rules. You can bet on anything and everything. From Finland’s action-packed baseball-like past time, Pesapallo, to floorball, to Gaelic Games. If it’s being contested somewhere in the world, Colorado books can have action on it.
- Casino Partner: Par-A-Dice Hotel Casino East Peoria
- FanDuel launched its sports betting service in Illinois on August 29, 2020.
- Illinois does not allow wagering on in-state college teams. This restricts local bets on popular IL teams like the Illini and Northwestern.
- FanDuel operates a retail sportsbook in-person at the Par-A-Dice Casino in East Peoria.
- Casino Partner: Diamond Jo, Diamond Jo Worth
- FanDuel launched retail sportsbooks at both of Iowa‘s Diamond Jo properties in August 2019 but has yet to debut its online product in the state
- When Iowa first launched online sports betting, all online sports betting registration had to be done in-person. As of January 1, 2021, that is a thing of the past as registration can be done remotely via your computer or mobile device.
- Casino Partner: None. The Tennessee sports betting industry is only accessible online, the state has no casinos.
- FanDuel began accepting bets in Tennessee on November 1, 2020.
- The state restricts betting on college player props. I.e., you can’t wager on a specific collegiate player performance.
- License Partner: Washington Football Team
- On January 21, 2021 FanDuel Sportsbook became the first online sportsbook to accept legal wagers in the state of Virginia.
- Like a few other states, Virginia restricts bettors from wagering on in-state college teams. While the Hokies, Cavs, and Dukes may be off limits, out-of-state teams are fair game.
- College prop bets are also off limits. For example, you can’t bet on a college football running back to rush for 100 yards.
- Casino Partner: MotorCity Casino
- Online sports betting hasn’t arrived yet in Michigan, but it’s very close. In fact, interested bettors can register now and receive $100 in free bets once it launches. $50 free to bet on sports, and $50 free to bet in the FanDuel Casino. T&Cs apply, 21+.
Bet From Any Device
FanDuel Sportsbook is available on pretty much any device you might want to play from. Bettors will be able to place a legal wager with just a few clicks of the mouse, or a few taps on their phone or tablet.
The desktop browser client is well designed, pleasant to look at, and easy to use. It’s got pretty much every feature that online bettors have come to expect, plus some. It throws the most popular, live events front and center, so they’re easy to find. There’s an A-Z list along the left side of the screen that allows you quickly hone in on any desired market.
Once you’ve found the right bet, just click on it, and your betting slip will appear on the right side of the screen. It will clearly display the odds and potential payouts once you enter the desired stake.
Keep an eye out for the ‘More Wagers>’ button that will show all available betting options for a specific event – props included.
iOS and Android Apps
FanDuel offers a leading app for all mobile devices. No matter your phone or tablet preference, iPhone, or Android, they’ve got you. Having run one of the world’s largest DFS operations for more than a decade, the company is no stranger to an efficient online experience, and the sports betting app doesn’t disappoint. It’s one of the reasons that FanDuel Sportsbook has left the gate in poll position.
While some sportsbooks require a separate app for each state of operation, FanDuel has neatly woven them all into the same package. When logging in you’ll be asked to choose the state:
The look and feel of the mobile app mirrors that of the browser. Get used to one, you’ve got the other down – its a seamless transition. All betting markets are easy to find, and once you tap on the wager you want, the bet slip appears at the bottom of the screen.
You can perform all key account functions, including banking, directly from the mobile app. Live betting odds are updated on the fly, meaning FanDuel bettors will always have access to current, competitive odds. It’s a premium product.
Why Play at FanDuel Online Sportsbook?
FanDuel has become a household name in the U.S. with a stellar reputation and is one of the top brands among the Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) crowd. DFS players that are thinking of placing their first sports bet have flocked towards FD’s familiar name, and shared account balances will make it that much easier to do so.
FanDuel has been holding big money, online contests for years, and has set the pace in the early laps of the race for online sports betting supremacy.
Aesthetically pleasing, easy to use, quickly updated lines and some of the best bet offerings in the industry are what sets FanDuel way ahead of the competition.
FanDuel Sportsbook Deposits and Withdrawals
FanDuel offers several ways to fund and then withdraw from an account. Generally speaking, all deposit methods are instant, including the FanDuel prepaid card.
Withdrawal times vary based on the method you choose, and a successful deposit using the chosen method may be required before a cashout is approved.
Use your Visa, MasterCard, or Discover to make a deposit. Success rates for credit/debit card deposits aren’t much of a concern anymore. At present they’re one of the most popular methods to fund an iGaming account.
FanDuel Prepaid Play+ Card
You can apply for a prepaid card on the FanDuel website. Once approved, you can instantly attach a credit card to fund the account. ACH transactions can be set up after the actual card is received in the mail, which typically takes about two weeks.
You can easily fund your account using the most popular eWallet in the world: PayPal. Safely and securely link your bank account or credit card to the service to initially fund the account.
Use your bank’s routing number to easily facilitate the transfer of funds.
Online Bank Transfer
Using your bank’s online bill pay interface its possible to instantly send funds to FanDuel Sportsbook. All major banks participate, including (but not limited to):
- Bank of America
- Capital One 360
- S. Bank
- Wells Fargo
Choose “PayNearMe” from the deposit page and you will receive a barcode that can be scanned at a 7-11, CVS, or Family Dollar. They’ll scan your barcode at the register, accept your cash, and the funds will be online shortly.
FanDuel customers can transfer to and from their bank account and FanDuel account via a wire transfer. It takes a little longer than some of the other deposit methods, but it’s tried and true.
In some states, you may be able to mail a check to the sportsbook. It’s not the most common option and is found most often in younger markets that are still beefing up their cashier.
Cash at the Casino Cage
Head over to FanDuel’s casino partner in the state and hand your cash directly to the teller. They’ll deposit it directly into your account so that it’s available for immediate use.
Just a note, not every deposit method will be available for withdrawal. For example, it’s really easy to deposit with a credit card, but you’ll have to pick another option to cash out with after you win.
Withdraw funds to your checking account using your routing and account number. Processing can take up to 24 hours for the transaction to be approved, and once approved it can take 3-5 days for the funds to appear in your account. They’ll get there though if you’re patient.
You can typically request a paper check to be sent to the address registered on your FanDuel account. It’ll take some time to arrive, around a week or so, but its safe and familiar for just about everyone.
FanDuel Prepaid Play+ Card
Once you successfully make a deposit using the prepaid card, you can request that your winnings be sent back to it, too. This process can take a day or two for the funds to appear in your prepaid card account, and can be withdrawn at any ATM or used anywhere Discover Cards are accepted.
If you made your deposit using PayPal, you can also use PayPal to withdraw as well. Money should hit your account within 24-48 hours, making it one of the fastest options.
Cash at the Casino Cage
In states where FanDuel runs a retail sportsbook, you can reclaim your funds in-person, right at the casino’s cashier window.
What to Bet On: Available Markets
What your local, state-regulated sportsbook can spread will depend on its established laws. We recommend taking a glance above at the state-specific overview for a detailed breakdown of what you can (and can’t) do, and where. In general, FanDuel will spread all major sports in every market – plus some niche offerings.
- Baseball – MLB, College Baseball
- Football – NFL, College Football, CFL
- Hockey – NHL, International Hockey
- Basketball – NBA, College Basketball, WNBA
- Soccer – MLS, EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, and more. International play, plus friendlies.
- Combat Sports – Boxing, UFC
Once you find the right game, you can wager on it six ways from Sunday. Pick from:
- Spread Betting
- Over/Under (totals)
- Live, in-game betting
- Fantasy style bets
FanDuel Sportsbook Rewards Program
Unfortunately, the one area that FanDuel lags behind the competition is with its sportsbook rewards program… it has none. The company offers DFS players access to The Players Club, which gives players a way to recoup value for their loyalty, however, it’s not yet available for sports betting. It’s one of the only omissions from FanDuel’s excellent sportsbook offering – we’ll keep our fingers crossed.
In the meantime, keep an eye out for limited availability rebate promotions that offer bettors the chance to recoup a portion of their losses. It’s something!
FanDuel Online Sportsbook Company Information
Founded in 2009, FanDuel is the second largest Daily Fantasy Sports service in the country behind its primary rival, DraftKings. Slowly building funding through investments from large corporations including Comcast, NBC Sports, and other large investment firms, FanDuel built a strong reputation in the Daily Fantasy Sports world. At one point in 2017, they almost merged with DraftKings, but the FTC determined it would create an industry monopoly, and the agreement was terminated.
In an effort to become a household name and land exclusive advertising deals, FanDuel has partnered with numerous professional sports teams across the major U.S. leagues. These partnerships have greatly helped with brand recognition within the sports betting space.
Shortly after the Supreme Court ruling in May 2018 that declared the ban on sports betting unconstitutional, FanDuel was acquired by British bookmaker, Paddy Power Betfair, and wasted no time in announcing its intention to expand into legal sports betting. The deal was finalized on July 11, 2018, and the New York-based company was renamed FanDuel Group.
FanDuel and Paddy Power Betfair are now a part of Flutter Entertainment PLC, one of the largest gaming conglomerates in the world. Flutter brands include: FanDuel, Betfair, PokerStars, FOX Bet, Paddy Power, Adjarabet, and many more.
FanDuel Customer Support
If you have any problems, concerns, questions, or need help of any kind, you can reach support services by any of these three options:
- Live Chat – To access the live chat, visit the support page, and click the blue ‘Support’ chat bubble that appears in the corner of your screen.
- Email – Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org, or simply fill out the ticket request form that’s available on the support page.
- Phone – The support phone number will vary by state, consult the support section to find it.
FanDuel Sportsbook FAQ
Which states have access to FanDuel Sportsbook?
FanDuel online sportsbook is currently available in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Indiana, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Tennessee, and Virginia.
What is the FanDuel Sportsbook welcome bonus?
Regardless of the state, new bettors are able to place their first wager completely risk-free. If it loses, they will receive a refund bonus worth up to $1000.
What is the best FanDuel Sportsbook promo code?
You actually don’t need a promo code to claim the $1000 risk-free bet with FanDuel Sportsbook. Click any of the links on this page and you’re good to go.
Is FanDuel Sportsbook legal?
Completely. FanDuel has been licensed to accept wagers on sports in all of the states in which it is active (see above for the full list). Whether it’s the state lottery or a gaming commission, FanDuel has received the proper permissions to legally operate in its current states.
Does FanDuel Sportsbook have a mobile app?
Absolutely – and having gained years of online gaming experience through DFS, it’s a rock-solid one. Check it out on your iOS or Android device.