- Sign Up And Make Deposit
- Get $250 Bonus
- Only 1x Wagering Requirement!
- Online Sports Betting In PA!
- Good Live Betting Options
- Smooth Software
- No iOS App
- Spotty Support
Deposits and Withdrawals
SugarHouse PA Online Sportsbook Promo Code and Review
On May 28, 2019, SugarHouse has become the first Pennsylvania online sportsbook to go live. The first three days were considered a “soft launch” but as of June 1, 2019, Pennsylvania finally has its first legal and licensed online sportsbook running 24 hours a day. SugarHouse operates under their own Pennsylvania online sports betting license.
SugarHouse was one of the first casinos to take retail sports bets in Pennsylvania so it makes sense that they are now the first online sportsbook to go live in Pennsylvania. SugarHouse is already a big name in the New Jersey online sportsbook and casino markets, and they’re looking to expand their reach across the Delaware River into Pennsylvania where they operate one of the most successful casinos in the Philadelphia area.
The Pennsylvania version of the SugarHouse mobile sportsbook is practically identical to their New Jersey counterpart but unlike New Jersey, the mobile version is not yet available on iPhones (more on that later). Both books get their data from Kambi, are run by Rush Street interactive, and the first deposit bonus is the same $250 match with a 1x wagering requirement.
|License Date||October 31,2018|
|Retail Launch Date||December 15, 2018|
|Tech Partners||Rush Street/Kambi|
|Online Launch Date||June 1, 2019|
SugarHouse PA Promo Code and Bonus
|First Deposit Bonus||100% Deposit Match up to $250|
|Bonus Code||Use this link!|
Over the next few months there could be up to nine online sportsbooks launching in Pennsylvania, and all will be vying for attention from PA online sports bettors. Online sportsbooks will offer sign up bonuses, free bets and various other promotions to get bettors to check out their site. SugarHouse has set the bar high with their very generous first deposit match and promos:
First Deposit Match
- A 100% first deposit match up to $250 with a measly 1x wagering requirement
- Simply sign up for a SugarHouse PA Sportsbook account using this link and you’ll be good to go!
iRush VIP Rewards Promos and Bonuses
- The more you wager, the more you earn! With every dollar you wager, you earn IReward points. You can trade these points in for bonus money with the same 1x wagering requirements
VIP Odds Boosts and Tier Bonuses
- The more points you earn, the higher tier level you can earn. The rewards for climbing tiers include quicker cashouts, gifts, SugarHouse swag all the way up to free trips or personal VIP managers.
- As you work your way up the VIP tiers, SugarHouse offers exclusive deposit matches, bonuses, and odds boost parlays.
SugarHouse online sportsbook is very intuitive. Every sport is listed on the left side of the screen. Just select the sport you want to bet on, all options will pop up in the middle of the screen, select the match and the bet and a bet slip will pop up. Put in your wager and SugarHouse will show potential payouts, click bet now and you are good to go.
When it comes to Live Ingame betting, SugarHouse is one of the best in the business. To see all the live betting options just simply click on the “LIVE RIGHT NOW” button in the top left corner. Their ingame lines are very quick to update, which gives you the option to bet on every pitch, every serve and every down as the action unfolds. In fact, the lines update so quickly that ingame parlays are easy to bet. The lines will update in your betslip and it will prompt you to accept the new odds before placing the bet.
My Experience on SugarHouse Online Sportsbook
Signup– Signing up was a breeze, just enter my information and my identity was verified right away.
First Deposit-After signing up, you are brought to the deposit page. I used the credit card option for my first deposit, entered the 250MATCH code and instantly my account was funded. I clicked yes on the pop up asking if I wanted to activate my bonus and now my $250 deposit has turned into a $500 balance.
First Bets- First thing I noticed was the plethora of alternative bets in MLB and Tennis matches, both ingame and pregame. Most sites will only allow you to bet MLB run lines in .5 points, but SugarHouse has -1, -1.5, -2 etc for almost every game. Tennis ingame betting has endless options, with super fast updating lines. So fast in fact , I was able to place a 3 leg parlay on 3 different matches on individual points(not recommended, but just wanted to see if I could). The ingame betting lines are much more generous than what I have seen on future PA competitors such as FanDuel and DraftKings in New Jersey. If your bet changes odds while in your betslip, the “place bet” button turns yellow and asks for you to approve odds change before placing the bet and all the current bets you have appear below the bet, making it super convenient to cashout right from match page.
Cashouts- I was a little disappointed to see that Echecks are not an option for SugarHouse PA. ACH is limited to certain banks, which did not include my bank. Leaving me with either waiting for a check, driving down to brick and mortar casino or the option I chose, to sign up for the SugarHouse Play+ card. Signup was instant, and only took two clicks to be approved. I contacted Play+ to get my log in for the card website and linked my bank account via account and routing number. It took 2 days to verify my account and I requested a cashout to my Play+ card. After 2 days I received a request to verify the credit card I deposited with. Within an hour my cashout was approved and was instantly in my Play+ account and 24 hours later my funds were transferred to my bank account. Its important to note that if you use the same method for deposits, you only need to verify your account once.
- Similar to their New Jersey counterpart, SugarHouse is very slow to load. It has taken up to 3 minutes to verify location and actually open the sportsbook.
- Certain matches or games will freeze and not come back for several minutes.
- The betting history is very conveniently set up. You can click on the match through your betting history and it will take you to the live event. If a cashout is an option for your bet, you can cashout right from your betting history. I would like to see the live lines through the bet history at one point.
What Advantages Will SugarHouse Have in the Pennsylvania Online Sports Betting Market?
- Name recognition: SugarHouse is sitting on prime real estate being the only casino actually within Philadelphia city limits, and an already trusted New Jersey branded online sportsbook. Loyal customers to the live PA casino and online New Jersey sportbook should easily make the transition.
- Experience: Already having been live in New Jersey since August 2018, SugarHouse has a leg up on competitors that are starting from scratch.
- Shared balance with Casino: SugarHouse will make it easy for customers to go back and forth between sports betting and online casino games by having one online wallet.
- Promotions: SugarHouse is famous for their 1x bonus wagering requirements. Other sites may have 5x or 10x requirements, meaning in order to clear a 5x $10 bonus, you would need to wager $50 in order to make the bonus money available for withdrawal. The same $10 bonus on SugarHouse would only come with a $10 wagering requirement.
Available Platforms (spoiler, no iOS)
SugarHouse online sportsbook is available via Android app and desktop, but unfortunately not available for iPhone users. This is not a legal issue, nor is it SugarHouse not trying to be iPhone friendly, but an issue with a recent change in Apple’s terms of service that puts more stringent limits on gambling apps as a whole. We hope to see an iOS friendly app soon.
SugarHouse’s Land-Based Sportsbook
While SugarHouse is building a permanent sportsbook, they are currently taking bets at an 1800 square foot temporary sportsbook located near the poker room that has enough seating for around 70 people. This temporary sportsbook includes a luxurious sports lounge with a 14 foot LED video wall, 12 flat screen HDTVs and various food and drink offerings.
The permanent sportsbook, which will replace the Lucky Red Lounge in the main gaming floor, should be open by summer 2019. SugarHouse sportsbook will have seating for almost 200 people, HDTVs to enjoy all your favorite games, betting kiosks and various food and drink options.
SugarHouse Online Sportsbook Company Information
SugarHouse is the first Pennsylvania online sportsbook to launch giving them a distinct advantage in what should be a very competitive market. SugarHouse has been live in New Jersey as an online casino since September of 2016 and launched their online sportsbook in August 2018.
SugarHouse is owned by Rush Street gaming and struck a deal with Kambi for their sportsbook data. Kambi operates several online sportsbook in New Jersey including DraftKings, 888 and UniBet and prides themselves on being the best for ingame betting.
SugarHouse PA Online Sportsbook Banking Options
The options for deposits are:
- Visa/Mastercard– Simply use your Visa or Mastercard to fund your account.
- ACH- Securely link your bank account using your routing and checking number. Limited to certain banks.
- SugarHouse Play+ card– SugarHouse Play+ is a personalized prepaid card account that can be funded by any bank account, credit card, or debit card.
- Cash at SugarHouse cage– Simply walk up to the cage at SugarHouse casino and make your cash deposit. The funds will be available immediately.
- Wire Transfer – If you prefer not to share your banking details, wire transfers are available. SugarHouse will contact you via email when funds are available.
- PayNearMe at Pennsylvania 7-11– Instantly fund your account with cash at any Pennsylvania 7-11.
During the soft launch banking options are limited, the options for withdrawals are:
- SugarHouse Play+ card– Once you have received your prepaid card, funds will be available immediately after staff approval. The money can be taken out at any ATM or used wherever Discover credit cards are accepted.
- ACH– Withdraw your funds securely into your bank account within 3-5 business days once the transaction is approved.
- Check by mail– Receive a check at your physical mailing address. This method can take up to 14 days for processing and delivery.
- Cash at SugarHouse cage– Choose the cash at the cage option and once approved, just stop by the casino cage at SugarHouse casino with your ID and pick up your cash.
Future banking options should also include:
- Online banking transfer
Sugarhouse PA Online Sportsbook Betting Options
SugarHouse PA is taking bets as low as $0.10 on what seems to be any sport and every bet type you can think of. Options include single bets, parlays up to 12 games combined, and round robin parlays which are multiple parlays on the same ticket. Unlike New Jersey there are no restrictions on betting on Pennsylvania teams.
Single game and parlay bets are available on point spreads, moneylines and totals bets. In addition to these options are what seem to be unlimited pregame and live ingame prop bet options. These include O/U on points, rebounds, homeruns, individual games, points and sets in tennis and many many more. Odds can be displayed in decimal (1.4) fractional (6/4) and American (+200, -120)
- UFC/MMA fights
- Car racing
- College Football
- NFL Football
- Australia Rules Football
- College Basketball
- NBA Basketball
- MLB Baseball
- MLS Soccer
- Premier League Soccer
- Most international Soccer leagues
Types of Wagers
- InGame betting
SugarHouse PA Online Sportsbook FAQs
When will SugarHouse online sportsbook be available?
Sugarhouse soft launched their online sportsbook on May 28th, 2019 and went fully live on June 1, 2019.
Who can place a bet at SugarHouse online sportsbook?
Anyone who is physically located in Pennsylvania and is 21 years of age or older.
What can I do if I have a gambling problem or just need a break from gaming?
There are several options to you on the My Account dropdown under “Responsible gaming.” You can set deposit limits, spending limits, time limits, temporary self-suspension, and total lifetime self-exclusion.
Disclaimer: Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler. Only 1x Wager Applies, Playable in PA Only.