Rise & Grind: February 21st, 2014
Welcome to the RotoGrinders cup o’morning joe. Start your day off right here with yesterday’s happenings and take a peek at the the upcoming DFS day.
Grab your first cup of coffee and catch up on the latest news!
In Case You Missed It
- Lebron Scores 33, Gets Busted Wide Open – Lebron and the Heat worked over the Thunder last night in a 103-81 victory, but the even bigger news was LBJ’s trip to Ibaka’s Rhynoplasty. Lebron appears to be ok moving forward as he passed concussion protocol. Dwayne Wade chipped in with 24 points, 7 rebounds and 10 assistesses earning double-double DKs bonus points for those of you scoring at home. James Harden did his best to light up the Warriors, but Steph Curry’s 25 and David Lee huge 28 points and 14 rebounds led Golden State to the OT victory over the Rockets. James Harden decided to throw down one last dunk to pad the stats with 0.1 seconds left. I’m sure that cost someone a GPP victory or cash.
- RotoGrinders Weekend Email Alerts – The email alerts you love to receive during the week will now be coming out on Saturday and Sunday. If you haven’t signed up for incentives and RotoGrinders email alerts you are missing out on the easiest way to get last minute information. More information in the forums here: RotoGrinders Weekend Alerts Now Available
- NBA Tonight – Big Friday of NBA action going down tonight. Big match-ups on the evening are the Clippers visiting the Grizz and the Spurs taking on the Suns. Tonight should be an interesting fantasy night as there are some intriguing match-ups, but there is also the possibility of a lot of blowouts.
- Tonight’s GPPs – Some huge GPPs across the industry tonight. DraftKings is running a $27 Mega Crossover with a $100,000 prize pool and $15,000 for first place. The Showcase is qualifying three more winners this evenings. The $109 is full, but the $270 and $11 tournaments still have space available. FanDuel is running a $25, $120k Slam tonight and giving away 20 more seats to the DFBBC. DraftStreet is running Q #26 to the DSBBC, featuring a $22 entry fee. StarStreet has their next PBC Q with a $200 entry. Also tonight the latest Streak for the Mansion is down to the final 24.
On the Grinders Schedule
- #1) NBA Daily Plays – Notorious gives you his favorite picks of the day for the night’s NBA schedule.
- #2) NBA GrindDown – Notorious does double duty and gets deep into the analysis of tonight’s games in one, easy to read location.
- #3) NBA Punts – SBK gives you the cheap punts you need to take down that elusive GPP.
- #4) MCJester’s GPP Line-Ups – It’s round two of McJester’s new series where he gives you insight into how he came to his often winning GPP line-ups.
- 3:30: The Pete and Re-Pete Show – We’ve got Pete and Pete on the soon to be named early show. It’s P^2. They’re both good at DFS basketballs. I recommend listening to them.
- 4:30: The Daily Fantasy Happy Hour by DraftStreet – Crazy Gabey leaves Rational Gabey at home, and is set to rock your world Captain Caveman style, with his co-host Dean the Sports Almanac.
- 5:30: Grinders Live presented by Our Sponsor DraftKings – Al and Dan give you all the late news before line-up lock and get you ready for a big night of NBA action.
- 8:00 College Basketball After Dark – STLCardinals84 and EMac run down the College Basketball action for Saturday’s upcoming games. It’s after dark, so if EMac has just enough Grey Goose, things could get pretty crazy!!!
Is there something else you’d like to see in this column? Questions or comments? Leave them below and we’d be happy to consider them. See you Monday!