Rise & Grind: February 24th, 2014
Welcome to the RotoGrinders cup o’morning joe. Start your day off right here with yesterday’s happenings and take a peek at the the upcoming DFS day.
Grab your first cup of coffee and catch up on the latest news!
In Case You Missed It
- Kevin Love HAM – Kevin Love ATE on Saturday night against the Jazz. Love poured in 37 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assistesses in going for the trip-dub. If the race for NBA Fantasy Player of the Year™ was the FanDuel Slam, Kevin Love is McJester and everyone else is, well everyone else. Maybe PrimeTime420 is Kevin Durant. But that’s the only other one even close.
- Tickets You Can’t Scalp on Stubhub – Friday night on DraftStreet, tshirt rode the ‘melo, ‘dipo, T-Young train to a 0.75 point victory in DSBBC Q #26. There are four more chances to get into the DSBBC. Over on DKs, there were a slew of Golden Ticket winners for the Showcase. Muntradamus (2x), werth4949, campbell0021, superbowlhomeboy, msiler10, CSURam88, PrimeTime420 and WatchLive (3x) all snagged their tickets. WatchLive managed to grab three in one night, thereby skirting the 2 max rule. Five more tickets available for the Showcase. On Friday, dinkpiece won his way to the land of boobies in the PBC Q on Starstreet. That field is getting tougher by the second.
- Denny Hamlin Finishes 2nd at Daytona – Dale Earnhardt, Jr took first in the rain soaked Daytona 500 yesterday, but bigger news to us here is that good friend of #GrinderNation, Denny Hamlin was second by a nose. No word on whether he put in some line-ups during the rain delay yesterday. Congrats to Denny on the great finish. Dick Trickle finished 34th.
- GrindersU Spreadsheet Class – The first installment of Ethan’s spreadsheet class has been posted over on GrindersU. It also includes an already built spreadsheet that you can use along with the tutorial. If you haven’t signed up for our incentives, link to any site or pay for the season, and you will have access to all of the phenomenal GrindersU content. Reason #3487 Why Ethan Is the MAN
- Gary Oldman Bobblehead Night – Five game slate tonight, which is quite possibly the best five game slate fantasy-wise all season, as not a single team that is playing tonight really likes to play defense. Let’s bring in our buddy Gary for a quick synopsis on which players you should target tonight.
- Tonight’s GPPs – The Showcase on DraftKings is running $27 and $270 Qualifiers tonight. The FanDuel Slam is going off at $60k tonight with $8500 to first place.
On the Grinders Schedule
- #1) NBA Daily Plays – Emge tries to sift through tonight’s sack of goodness to find you the best plays of the evening.
- #2) NBA GrindDown – Notorious does double duty and gets deep into the analysis of tonight’s games in one, easy to read location.
- #3) NBA Punts – SBK gives you the cheap punts you need to take down that elusive GPP. Edit – Punts will be moved to tomorrow with just a five-game schedule.
- 3:30: The Afternoon Grind – Dean78904 and DraftCheat get you all the early news for tonight’s schedule.
- 4:30: The Daily Fantasy Happy Hour by DraftStreet – It’s the TommyG weekend recap. He’s gonna get Jersey style on these games with CSURam or CrazyGabey. We should know which one right before show-lock.
- 5:30: Grinders Live presented by “Our Sponsor” DraftKings – Al and CSURam give you all the late news before line-up lock and get you ready for a big night of NBA action.
Is there something else you’d like to see in this column? Questions or comments? Leave them below and we’d be happy to consider them. See you tomorrow!