Rise & Grind: February 25th, 2014
Welcome to the RotoGrinders cup o’morning joe. Start your day off right here with yesterday’s happenings and take a peek at the the upcoming DFS day.
Grab your first cup of coffee and catch up on the latest news!
In Case You Missed It
- MLB Launches on FanDuel – FanDuel has released the first day of MLB, getting us even more excited for the warm weather of spring (At least those of us in the north. Those of you in the South can suck it.). There was a little disappointment from some that FD has not added a second Starting Pitcher spot to the product. Either way, it’s almost time for baseball, so if you feel like you need to set-up some rosters right away, head on over to FanDuel and check it out.
- Tickets You Can’t Scalp on StubHub – Two more golden tickets were given out for the Showcase last night. CSURam88 snagged his second ticket last night.
AwesomeOddly named funkytoejam took down the other ticket last night.
- Felton Gets Plaixcoed – I’ve lost players in season-long leagues do to injury before, but this is a first for me. As I try to chase down the RGs ROOGSLAMMLE Title (currently in 3rd place, shameless self-promotion), I see that Raymond Felton has been arrested on gun possession charges in NYC. Mostly I just have to say, “You’re an idiot.” Trust me Ray, nobody’s after you. In fact, most people in New York don’t even realize you play for the Knicks anymore. Look at the bright side, you’ll be the MVP of the Riker’s Island League for the next two years.
- NBA Action Tonight – Seven game schedule this evening. There should be some fast-paced games including the Trail Blazers visiting Denver and the T-wolves going to the Suns. Can Kevin Love keep up his insane string of games?
- Tonight’s GPPs – Tonight on FanDuel the Slam is running at $80k with a $9000 firs place prize. StarStreet is wrapping up the latest round of the Streak for the Mansion. Tonight is the last three chances to grab a ticket to the Showcase on DraftKings. The $109 and $270 are already filled. There is still space in the $11 to get your shot at glory.
On the Grinders Schedule
- #1) NBA Daily Plays – Peter “DraftCheat” Christiansen returns to the daily plays this week. Get a sneak preview of what you’ll hear on Grinders Live.
- #2) NBA GrindDown – Notorious gets all up into the analysis of tonight’s games in one, easy to read location.
- #3) CBB Daily Plays – Scott2142290210 runs down all the College Basketball action for this evening. These picks are certified Grade A.
- #4) CBB GrindDown – Looking to get more in-depth for the College Bball schedule? Then Varncass is here to give you even more insight into tonight’s games.
- 3:30: The Afternoon Grind – It’s the Pete and Re-Pete edition of the early show. Pete “CSURam88” Jennings and Pete “DraftCheat” Christiansen will answer any questions addressed to “Pete”.
- 4:30: The Daily Fantasy Happy Hour by DraftStreet – You never know what to expect on the Happy Hour. Yesterday we had Ethan live from the Rotogrinder’s Headquarters. Today we’ve got the Almanac with Crazy Gabey and his beard. Will Gabey pull a live animal out of that thing??? Tune in to see!
- 5:30: Grinders Live presented by “Our Sponsor” DraftKings – The ATM Machine is loaded and ready for it’s Tuesday session. Al and Tommy literally teach you how to print money legally, without government intervention!
Is there something else you’d like to see in this column? Questions or comments? Leave them below and we’d be happy to consider them. See you tomorrow!