Rise & Grind: March 4th, 2014
Welcome to the RotoGrinders cup o’morning joe. Start your day off right here with yesterday’s happenings and take a peek at the the upcoming DFS day.
Grab your first cup of coffee and catch up on the latest news!
In Case You Missed It
- NicSlim’s Google Extensions – NicSlim has gone and updated the already amazing Google-Chrome extension that he created for FanDuel by adding in the ability for the program to highlight any contests that you have already entered. Now the NS/RGs extension not only tells you an opponent’s record in the h2h lobby, it also changes any leagues that you have already joined to red in the GPP and League lobby. A huge thanks to NicSlim for building these. You can get all the info on the program here: Daily Fantasy Browser Extensions
- Lebron’s Power Mask – Just like Jim Carrey in “The Mask”, apparently Lebron has found some sort of super powers by donning the facial gear. The NBA took away his badass black mask, but Lebron showed that no matter what color his mask is, he could still dominate. Lebron went 22 of 33 from the field, including dropping eight treys, in route to scoring a career best 61 points last night. He also grabbed 7 rebounds and dished out 5 assistesses. In the same game, Al Jefferson scored 38 points and grabbed 19 rebounds. Not too often you post a stat line like AlJeff did, and get upstaged.
- NBA Action Tonight – Six game schedule for the NBA tonight with quite a few good games on tap. The Warriors take on the Pacers in a game of contrasting styles of play. Lebron comes fresh off his 61 points to visit the Rockets and their almost non-existent defense. He could put up another great game tonight. And in the Gary Oldman’s Fantasy Goodness Game of the Night™, the Clippers travel to Phoenix to battle the Suns.
- Today’s GPP’s – Tonight on FanDuel the Slam is ringing up $80k in total prizes. First place is $9000 on your $25 entry. StarStreet is running their last chance qualifiers for the Playboy Basketball Championship. DraftKings is running a $10,000 Crossover and Pick and Roll tonight, at $12 and $27 buy-ins respectively. Qualifiers are continuing for the $1 Million Bank Shot, as well as their other large tournaments. DraftStreet has two $10,000 contests as well running tonight at $109 and $22. There are also satellites running for Wednesday’s Weekly $50k.
On the Grinders Schedule
- #1) NBA Daily Plays – The DraftCheatin’ man is here to let you inside his brain and check out his picks of the day.
- #2) NBA GrindDown – Notorious gets all up into the analysis of tonight’s games in one, easy to read location.
- #3) NHL Daily Plays – JMBWngFn starts off your NHL week with his favorite plays for tonight’s NHL games.
- #4) CBB GrindDown – Never fear, Varncass is here to help you out with that hard to find information for College Basketball on Big Monday.
- #5) PGA Picks and Projections – Notorious is here to break down this week’s PGA event at Doral. The Blue Monster has been revamped and the course should have it’s teeth back.
- 3:30: The Daily Face-Off – BoggsLite and THE ElctrcEye get down and dirty with tonight’s NHL action.
- 4:30: The Daily Fantasy Happy Hour by DraftStreet – If you look at CrazyGabey and Dean78904, which one would you think is from the mountains? Turns out not the one with the beard.
- 5:30: Grinders Live Presented by “Our Sponsor” DraftKings – The ATM Hour is back with TommyG and Al_Smizzle. This ATM has no processing fees. It’s like the DFS version of having an ING account.
Is there something else you’d like to see in this column? Questions or comments? Leave them below and we’d be happy to consider them. See you tomorrow!