Rise & Grind: March 5th, 2014
Welcome to the RotoGrinders cup o’morning joe. Start your day off right here with yesterday’s happenings and take a peek at the the upcoming DFS day.
Grab your first cup of coffee and catch up on the latest news!
In Case You Missed It
- Sign-Up Bonuses from Fantasy Elite – Fantasy Elite is a great new app launched from our friends over at Fanium. The Fantasy Elite site combines snake drafts with salary cap games that we all know and love. Well, Fantasy Elite has upped the ante big time by offering deposit bonus prizes including an IPOD Touch, IPAD Mini and IPAD Air. Check out all the details here: Fantasy Elite Bonus Program
- February Blog Winners – If you’re not aware of our RotoGrinders Blog Program, you best recognize. Each month our top bloggers win real cash from the blog sponsor, DraftStreet. There’s categories for proficiency and also for quality. Take a crack at a blog, share your thoughts and have a chance at some free cash. Check out February’s winners over here: Blog Winners February
- Early Only NBA Games Added to FanDuel – Waiverwire from FanDuel dropped into the forums to let us all know that FanDuel is adding early only games for NBA beginning this evening. The people have spoken and FD is trying this out as an alternative to those people that hate having their players scratched in the late games. FanDuel has some exciting stuff coming out for the site, as yours truly was able to swing by their offices and preview some of the upcoming changes. They gave me free beef jerky. It was amazeballs.
- NBA Action Tonight – Deep ten game schedule on tap for the NBA this evening. Games that should be featuring an absence of defense look like: Knicks vs. Minnesota, Dallas vs Denver and Atlanta vs. Portland. The Gary Oldman Fantasy Goodness Game of the Night™ could be any one of those three. We’ll leave it up to Al on 5:30 show to decide.
- Today’s GPP’s – It’s Big Wednesday tonight in GPP Land. The Wednesday Super Slam is going off at $120,000 over on FanDuel with the winner taking a $13k slice of that pie. Daily qualifiers are still running for the DFBBC as well. Over on DraftStreet, the new Weekly $50k is tonight with it’s $22 buy-in. Tonight is your next to last chance to qualify for the DSBBC with a $109 buy-in. This one is sure to fill fast. Tonight on DraftKings, the Showtime is rocking out at $25k and the Crossover is taking off at $10k.
On the Grinders Schedule
- #1) NBA Daily Plays – The hardest working man in DFS, STLCardinals84 is here for you with his picks for tonight.
- #2) NBA GrindDown – Notorious gets all up into the analysis of tonight’s games in one, easy to read location.
- #3) NHL Daily Plays – JMBWngFn runs down the top players of the night in NHL action.
- #4) CBB GrindDown – Never fear, Varncass is here to help you out with that hard to find information for College Basketball on Big Monday. Conference tournaments begin this week, and what the heck has happened to ‘cuse?
- #5) PGA Picks and Projections – Notorious is here to break down this week’s PGA event at Doral. The Blue Monster has been revamped and the course should have it’s teeth back.
- #6) PGA Weekly Picks – Gibbathy is here with a second look at this week’s golf action. I like to imagine his voice in a Kiwi accent while I’m reading them.
- #7) Grinders Interview With RollTideChamps – RotoGrinders Cameron sits down with DraftKings Showcase winner RTC, who beat a stacked field to win the inaugural Showcase.
- 3:30: The Afternoon Grind – The Brain (Dean78904) and the Cheat (DraftCheat) kick off the coverage of the day’s action in the wee hours of the day.
- 4:30: The Daily Fantasy Happy Hour by DraftStreet – We’ve got CrazyGabey and Scott on the show today. (Hosts keep changing it up and ruining my jokes!)
- 5:30: Grinders Live Presented by “Our Sponsor” DraftKings – Al_Smizzle and Peter “CSURams88” Jennings are here to give you all the last minute info to help you round out your line-ups.
Is there something else you’d like to see in this column? Questions or comments? Leave them below and we’d be happy to consider them. See you tomorrow!