Rise & Grind: March 6th, 2014
Welcome to the RotoGrinders cup o’morning joe. Start your day off right here with yesterday’s happenings and take a peek at the the upcoming DFS day.
Grab your first cup of coffee and catch up on the latest news!
In Case You Missed It
- Condia and 1curor Join FanThrowDown – General discussion around the FanThrowDown offices lately was, “How do we get a big mention in the Rise & Grind?”. Well, make a big splash they did, inking the biggest player in DFS, Condia, and Top Grinder 1curor to some sort of consulting or marketing agreement. The details are few right now, other than a press release from MGT Capital Investments, parent company of FanThrowDown. CrazyGabey had been hinting that the little birdies in his beard were telling him there was big news coming. This is definitely huge news, and how it affects the industry in many ways we will have to wait to see. For now though, those people wishing to avoid Condia, can roll on over to FTD. More info here: Condia and 1curor Team Up With FTD
- Last Night’s GPP Action – In a very odd night of NBA action, scoring seemed to be at an all time low. On DraftStreet last night, ImpulsiveAccordion grabbed his second spot in the DSBBC. In the weekly $50k, Marblesnap prevailed over the large field to take home the $10k first prize.
- Big March Events – In case you weren’t aware, there’s a few big March events coming up on the DFS schedule. DraftStreet has just announced a $150k NBA Big Score on March 26th with a $55 buy-in and $50k to first place. The DSBBC is finishing up as well next week, with one more chance to qualify this week. They are also running a survivor style tournament for March Madness for $50k. FanDuel is guaranteeing $15 million in prizes in March, including $120k SuperSlam every Wednesday and the $50k Survive the Madness starting March 20th. DraftKings is going full bore for the month. Today they are running a $75k golf contest. They have also announced a $50k CBB contest for March Madness. The biggest tournament of March though, is the $1 Million Bank Shot on DKs. Qualifiers have been running for this $500 entry tournament in which should be a stacked field.
- Tonight’s Action – Only a three game NBA slate tonight, but with the Heat playing the Spurs, the Thunder visiting the Suns and the Clippers versus the Lakers, there might be more fantasy goodness than last night’s entire schedule. The big night is over in the NHL where we have a 10 game schedule on tap. The Capitals visit the Bruins in what should be a great game, but the biggest match-up of the night is Pittsburgh travelling to the West Coast to play San Jose, in what could be a Stanley Cup preview.
- Today’s GPP’s – The big action tonight is on the NHL and Golf side of the industry. As previously mentioned the $75k Golf event is launching on DraftKings at 11 am this morning. DraftStreet has a $10k golf tournament going off as well. Tonight on DraftStreet, they are running a $40k NHL Big Score with $10k to first place and a $22 buy-in. The league is currently only about a quarter full. So get on over there and get in it.
On the Grinders Schedule
- #1) NBA Daily Plays – Ethan is up early at the RotoGrinders offices, running out his favorite plays of the day.
- #2) NBA GrindDown – Notorious gets all up into the analysis of tonight’s games in one, easy to read location.
- #3) NHL Daily Plays – TheTonyM, straight from Cali (via Staten Island?), is here to gives yous wise guys the NHL plays today.
- #4) CBB GrindDown – Never fear, Varncass is here to help you out with that hard to find information for College Basketball on Big Monday.
- #5) Weekly Rankings Update – D4 has a pretty busy day on tap, but have no fear, he will be dropping the Rankings Update this evening.
- 5:30: The Daily Face-Off – It’s Hockey Night in Grinder Nation! One big hour of NHL talk tonight with BoggsLite and BillsFan. They will break down all of the games for tonight’s big NHL action across the industry. A must watch tonight to keep up with all the movement that’s happened with the trade deadline yesterday.
Is there something else you’d like to see in this column? Questions or comments? Leave them below and we’d be happy to consider them. See you tomorrow!