STLCards' NFL Field Stretcher: Week 14
Justin Van Zuiden, also known as STLCardinals84, has proven time and time again that he’s one of the best tournament players in the DFS industry. Join him each week as he gives you a glimpse into the mind of a GPP maestro.
Welcome back to the NFL Field Stretcher for Week #14! This is a really intriguing week where we are going to see a LOT of similar DFS builds out there. Injury situations have created some very popular spots for value, and lineup construction is going to be of primary importance in GPP contests. I’ll touch on this at a more in-depth level below, but let’s first start with our usual look at Vegas odds for the week.
The Week 14 Slate – An Overview
LAC -14 vs. CIN
PIT -10 at OAK
NO -9 1/2 at TB
NE -7 at MIA
KC -6 1/2 vs. BAL
Highest Game Totals
NO/TB – 55 1/2
BAL/KC – 51 1/2
PIT/OAK – 51 1/2
ATL/GB – 50
IND/HOU – 49 1/2
Highest Implied Team Totals
NO – 32 1/2
LAC – 31
PIT – 31
KC – 29
GB – 27 1/2
HOU – 27
NE – 27
Lowest Implied Team Totals
CIN – 17
NYJ – 17 1/2
ARI – 19
WAS – 19
MIA – 20
A few notes on the above:
1) The highest implied team totals this week correspond pretty much directly with the largest favorites. This means we aren’t expected to see a lot of close, higher-scoring games; many of them are projected to be decided by a full touchdown or more.
2) It’s rare to see Baltimore on the list of highest game totals given how good their defense is, but such is life when you play the Chiefs.
3) How the mighty have fallen… The Bengals looked like a legitimate playoff team early in the year, but their defense has gone in the tank, and now their offense is dealing with a rash of injuries. Suddenly, the Bengals have the lowest team total on the board and are huge underdogs against the Chargers.
4) Don’t sleep on the GB/ATL and IND/HOU games as strong potential shootouts this week. The Packers might have new life with McCarthy gone, while the Colts and Texans logged 71 total points in their first head-to-head matchup.
Addressing The Chalky Lineup Build
Our Premium content can help you make better picks every day
- To read this full article for this week’s NFL games, you need to have a subscription to RG Premium.
- A Premium subscription will allow you to access this article, as well as Consensus Value Rankings, daily picks from top-ranked players, and much more.
- If you have already used your free trial, you can purchase a weekly pass to quickly gain access to Premium Content!