U.S. Open by the Numbers: DFS Wrap-Up
The DraftKings $2.5M Millionaire Maker ended in dramatic fashion last night as carlbassewitz held off a late charge by RotoGrinders analyst and DFS legend headchopper to become the second PGA millionaire of the season. Dustin Johnson’s three-putt on the 18th green secured the title for carlbassewitz and his team of Jordan Spieth (1), Louis Oosthuizen (T2), Kevin Kisner (T12), Patrick Reed (T14), Tony Finau (T14), and Jason Dufner (T18). Incredibly, carlbassewitz and Masters Millionaire Maker champion brettmarino each did it with a single entry.
A total of 53,482 players submitted 143,125 entries for a shot at the $1 million first place prize. Twelve players submitted the maximum 500 entries while 35,806 (67% of the field) players submitted a single entry. Several players decided they hate money and failed to submit a lineup for 1,590 entries.
Let’s take a look at the breakdown by number of entries.
Now let’s take a look at some other interesting statistics.
• The highest finish for a player with one golfer that did not make the cut was alklutts in 25th place.
• The highest finish for a player with two golfers that did not make the cut was CapeCoast in 1,668th place.
• Two players (dsherm22 and mgeezy12) cashed with three golfers missing the cut. Both players chose Jordan Spieth, Dustin Johnson, and Louis Oosthuizen.
• The most popular lineup (Billy Horschel, Brandt Snedeker, Brooks Koepka, Hideki Matsuyama, Jim Furyk, Patrick Reed – 121 entries) finished in the top 2.5% of the field.
• The most highly owned golfer in the field (Hideki Matsuyama – 28.5%) appeared in only one of the top ten lineups.
• 70 players won at least $1,000 and 113 players lost at least $1,000.
• The No Chalk Award goes to rockytop69, who did not have a golfer over 0.4% owned.
• The Straight Chalk Award goes to 10 players, with each golfer at least 14% owned.
• 3,048 players cashed without choosing a golfer that finished in the top 10.
• 17,904 players chose Jordan Spieth but did not cash.
• 556 players chose Jordan Spieth and either Dustin Johnson or Louis Oosthuizen but did not cash.
Registration is currently open for the DraftKings $3M Fantasy Golf Millionaire Maker for The Open Championship beginning July 16th, where players will have another shot at a million dollars.