Best NJ Online Sportsbook Bonuses, Promo Codes and Bonus Bets
Since sports betting was legalized after the overturning of PAPSA, an out-of-date law that effectively banned sports betting in all but four states, New Jersey has become a mecca for online sports betting. With almost two dozen sportsbooks live in the state, the competition is fierce, and each sportsbook offers various bonuses, promo codes and other exciting promotions in exchange for giving their software a try.
Top NJ Online Sportsbook Bonus Offers & Promo Codes
- 1 Top NJ Online Sportsbook Bonus Offers & Promo Codes
- 2 What is a Promo Code? And Why Use One?
- 3 Who is eligible for NJ Online Sportsbook Bonuses?
- 4 Why Do Online Sportsbooks offer Welcome Packages?
- 5 Sportsbook Bonus Jargon
- 6 The Fine Print on New Jersey Sportsbook Bonuses
- 7 Tips for finding the Best Bonus Offers at NJ Online Sportsbooks
With all the options being offered, it can get overwhelming. No promotions are created equal and each come with their own terms and conditions. It is very important to understand the different types of bonuses, whether you need a promo code, what strings are attached and how to take full advantage of each offer. Most are a one-time deal, so be sure to take a look at our extensive guide to the best NJ online sportsbook bonuses, and promo codes in order to optimize your babkrolll.
What is a Promo Code? And Why Use One?
When claiming a bonus offer or welcome package from a New Jersey online sportsbook, a Promo Code may or may not be necessary. When a promo code is needed, it acts like an online coupon.
A promo code is entered either during registration or during the deposit process. Here at RotoGrinders we have walked you through the process for each individual site to help you get the maximum value out of each welcome package to help turn the odds in your favor.
Promo codes can also be referred to as a Bonus code, affiliate code or deposit code. Not all sites require a promo code and to cash in on the very generous welcome packages, you just simply need to click through our exclusive links found in the table below.
|SPORTSBOOK||BONUS OFFER||PROMO CODE|
|PointsBet||Up to $500 in Second Chance Bets||No Code Needed – Click Here|
|Borgata||Bet $20, Get $100 in Bonus Betws||RotoGrinders|
|FanDuel||No Sweat First Bet Up To $1000||No Code Needed|
|DraftKings||Coming Soon||Coming Soon|
|Unibet||$100 Bonus Bet||No Code Needed – Click Here|
|BetMGM||Bonus Bet up to $1000||GRINDERSDM|
|BetRivers||2nd Chance Bet Up To $500||SPORTS|
|Bet365||Bet $1, Get $200||GRINDERS|
|Golden Nugget||100% Deposit Match up to $1000 + 200 Bonus Spins||No Code Needed – Click Here!|
|WynnBET||Bet $20 & Get $100||No Code Needed – Click Here!|
|Caesars Sportsbook||Up to $1250 on Caesars||GRINDERSFULL|
|Betway||Coming Soon||Coming Soon|
|Hard Rock||Up to $5000 Mystery Wheel||No Code Needed – Click Here|
|Tipico||Coming Soon||Coming soon|
|PlayUp Sportsbook||$100 Bonus Bet||Coming Soon|
|Barstool Sportsbook||Bet up to $1000, Get Refunded if You Lose||GRINDERS1000|
|SuperBook Sports||First Bet Match up to $250 for Any Market||No Code Needed – Click Here|
|betPARX||Bet $10, Get $125 in Sports Bonus if your first bet wins||GRINDERS|
Who is eligible for NJ Online Sportsbook Bonuses?
In general, anyone who meets the following criteria can create a new online sportsbook account and take advantage of these very generous welcome packages.
- Just as you would need to be at least 21 years of age or older to place a bet in any casino, you must be at least 21 years old to place a bet online.
- There is an identity verification process that you must go through in order to create a new sportsbook account. This is for your protection to protect against identity theft and fraud as well as the casinos. You will be asked for your name, address, phone number and the last four of your social.
- You can create an account from anywhere, but you must be physically located in the state of New Jersey in order to place a bet. Online sportsbooks use geolocation software to verify. Geolocation software uses available Wi-Fi networks or the GPS on your phone.
- Some bonuses require a successful deposit while some no-deposit bonuses just require the successful creation of a new account.
Why Do Online Sportsbooks offer Welcome Packages?
Online sportsbooks, like any business, are here to make money. So, you may wonder why they are seemingly just giving money away?
Competition in a very crowded online sportsbook market is fierce. Online sportsbooks offer these welcome packages in order to get you to check them out, in the same fashion as a car dealer may offer three oil changes with the purchase of a new car. The dealer is going to eat the costs of the maintenance in hopes that you will like the service you receive and return for future vehicle services.
These welcome packages also come with terms and conditions. These are designed for you to play a bit on their site and get acquainted with its offerings in hopes that you will become a repeat customer. Some sites require a bet to be placed while others require you to play through the bonus money before withdrawing your money.
Make no mistake though, this is a rare opportunity to play with house money. For example, the deposit match offer on SugarHouse only requires you to bet the bonus money given to you by the bonus in order to withdraw.
Sportsbook Bonus Jargon
No Deposit Bonus
For those of you that are curious about sports betting, but are not quite ready to pull out your credit card, a no deposit bonus is a dream come true. Simply register for a new sportsbook account and enter a promo code (if necessary) and the bonus amount will be added to your account.
Since nothing is truly without cost, a no deposit bonus will often come with a wagering requirement. A wagering requirement is how much you need to wager before money can be withdrawn, and is usually 1x, 5x, or even 25x the bonus amount. Some no deposit bonuses allow you to only keep winnings and others will allow you to keep the bonus and your winnings. Bets can be made all in one shot, or can be made in several smaller bets as long as they add up to the wagering requirements.
No deposit bonuses will often be the smallest dollar amount of all the bonuses but are still an exciting and easy method to test the waters and find the right sportsbook for you.
Another popular promotion that online sportsbooks are offering is a bonus bet. Bonus bets come in many forms so be sure to check which bonus bet is being offered before placing you first wager.
- Matched Bonus bets: After a wager is placed, your bet will be matched in the form of a bonus, usually dollar for dollar on the amount of your wager. Some are instant and some can take a few days to hit your account. Some sites allow you to choose when the bonus bet is used, but others will only match the first bet made after signing up.
- Deposit match bonus bets: After a deposit is made, some sportsbooks will offer a bonus bet matching the amount of the initial deposit. For example, if you load $50 on the site, a one-time $50 bonus bet will be made available to use on the bet of your choice.
- No deposit bonus bet: Some New Jersey sportsbooks offer a bonus bet just for signing up. These are pretty rare, so if you see one, jump on it.
The most popular of all the bonuses, the deposit match bonus is pretty straight forward. When you make a deposit, the sportsbook will match the amount of your deposit up to a certain percentage. Most sportsbooks will match 100% of your first deposit up to a certain amount, though it’s not unheard to see both lower and higher percentages.
These deposit bonuses can be placed in one big bet or broken up into smaller bets. In order to make these bonuses available for withdrawal, there are a few strings attached. They all come with wagering requirements and a time limit to in which to clear the bonus. If the wagering requirement or time limit isn’t met, the bonus will expire and be removed from your account.
Online sportsbooks will routinely offer “boosted odds” on select games. Often only announced a few hours before the game starts, specific bets will have better odds listed. For example, if the Sixers are listed at +150 against the Celtics, FOX Bet may send out an email promoting an “odds boost” and bring the line to +220. This is a popular promotion by several books on certain prop bets like the first player to score a goal or if Joel Embiid will have a triple double.
Be sure to check that the odds are actually boosted. Odds change often as different factors may change before a game starts. We have found that some parlays actually pay out better if you simply build them yourself.
For example, an odds boost may be offered the day before the games start for the Sixers, Clippers and Lakers all to win at +225. That day it is announced that Kawhi Leonard is taking an “load management” day off dropping the odds on the Clippers winning from -200 to +100. This may change the odds of the parlay to +250 if you build it yourself.
Bettors can bet more confidently knowing that a percentage of their wager will be returned if the game ends up not going their way. Some sportsbooks will offer a percent back ranging from 25% up to 100% on certain bets, meaning if you wager $100 on a 50% refund promo and it doesn’t pan out, you would get $50 put back in your account.
Be sure to check how the refund will be awarded to your account. If it is refunded as cash, your money will be immediately available for withdrawal. If you receive the refund in a one-time bonusbet, be aware that most sites will only pay out profits from a bonus bet and not the bet amount.
When the refund is given back as site credit, you will usually get the bet amount plus profit on winning bets, but you will be required to bet all the site credit before the money is available to withdraw.
VIP/ Loyalty Programs
Long after you have used the welcome package offerings, many online sportsbook provide VIP or loyalty programs that will convert every dollar wagered to points or tiers which can later be redeemed for cash, comped rooms at their land based hotels, prizes and more. Since most online sportsbooks are also affiliated with online casinos and online poker rooms, often these tiers or rewards points can be combined with existing accounts.
If you enjoy a certain online sportsbook, why not consider getting your friends in on the action? Ranging from $25-$300, the more friends you get in on the action, the more you can stand to take in in the form of bonus money.
New Jersey Bonuses FAQs
Still not sure what is the best bonus for you in New Jersey? Don’t worry! We did the research for you!
Which New Jersey online sportsbook has the best first deposit bonus?
SugarHouse has one of the most generous first deposit bonus with a 100% match up to $250 with an unheard of 1x wagering that can be used on sports bets and online casino.
Which New Jersey online sportsbook has the best bonus bet promotion?
FanDuel gives you $150 after wagering just $5, which we think is the best promotion available right now.
Which New Jersey online sportsbook has the best bonus bet offer?
Caesars has the best bonus bet, capping out at $1250.
Who has the best odds boosts in New Jersey?
This is a loaded question, but we are going to give the nod to FOX Bet based on sheer volume. FOX Bet has odds boosts on virtually every game, including a few 100/1 odds bets and even some 250/1 sprinkled in there. When it comes to odds boosts, we suggest shopping around as each book will have their own hidden gems from time to time.
Which New Jersey online sportsbook welcome bonus is easiest to make money?
This has to go to BetRivers online sportsbook. The $250 bonus has 1x wagering requirements, meaning that you only have to wager the amount of the bonus given to you. You are playing 100% with house money until you are through the bonus at which point you can cash out any profits and your original deposit.
How to use a NJ sportsbook bonus?
Using a NJ online sportsbook bonus is really easy, though the instructions will depend on the type of bonus that you take, and which sportsbook you receive it from – so we’ll keep it general. First, you’re going to want to track down the proper promo code. You’ll find our full list of the best codes and the corresponding bonuses in the table on this page. After you’ve created your account using the promo code, it’s time to put it to good use.
We always recommend checking the terms and conditions before accepting any sports betting bonus. The T&C will always fill you in on these necessary details. Sometimes you’ll need to opt-in for the offer through your account, sometimes its immediately available, sometimes you’ll need to wait 24 hours for it to be credited, you may need to deposit, etc. The type of bonus, whether its a bonus bet, a match bonus, or a no-deposit offer, will also come into play. Our individual sportsbook signup pages will provide detailed instructions for how to use your bonus on each specific site, and we’ll mention it again, be sure to check the posted T&C!
Which NJ online sportsbook pays the fastest?
Generally speaking we wouldn’t say there is necessarily a single fastest. All NJ online sports betting wagers will be paid to your account promptly once the result has been settled. As far as withdrawing cash from the sportsbook itself, all of the available sites have expansive cashiers, and often rely on similar payment methods for withdrawals. Bank transfers, PayPal, wires, checks, eChecks, and cash in-person at the cage options are frequently available with very quick turnarounds.
The Fine Print on New Jersey Sportsbook Bonuses
When taking advantage of any of the above listed bonuses, almost all are attached to a certain wagering amount. From Sugarhouse (1x) to FOX Bet (25x), each site will have their own requirements to make the bonus available to be withdrawn. For example, if you choose to deposit $500 on FOX Bet, they will put an additional $500 in your sportsbook account but you will have to wager at least 25x ($12.5K) to be able to withdraw the money to your bank account.
Wagering requirements per sportsbook
|Online Sportsbook||Wagering Requirement|
|BetRivers||1x up to $250 instant bonus.|
|FanDuel||Bet $5, Get $200 in free bets regardless if your bet wins or loses.|
|FOX Bet||1x on the $500 risk-free bet. 25x on the $500 deposit match bonus.|
|DraftKings||Only winnings from the $500 free-bet will be returned. 25x playthrough on the $500 deposit match bonus.|
|BetMGM||10x on the $1000 deposit match|
|Golden Nugget||One time free-bet up to $100 if first bet loses.|
|Borgata||Bet $20, get $100 in free-bets. Awarded as 10x $10 bets with a 7-day expiration date.|
|Unibet||$250 risk-free bet must have minimum odds of -115.|
|Bet365||1x on the $100 in Betting Credits. Only wagers with -500 odds or greater will count towards the wager requirement.|
Every site has a certain time window you have to clear the bonus before it will be forfeited. Most sites have a 30 days or longer window in order to clear the bonus money, but some online sportsbooks may be as short as a week or a day before the bonus money expires.
Online sportsbooks may also have a limited time from when you create an account until when you make your first deposit in order to take advantage of an offer. Check our individual sportsbook promo code pages for time limitations for each New Jersey Online Sportsbook.
To make sure that bettors are not just playing the clear favorite to clear bonuses on every site, there is a minimum odds requirement. It’s usually around -200. All bets that don’t meet this requirement will not be counted towards clearing the bonus.
Understanding what bonus fits your betting style is the key to taking full advantage of these generous promotions. If you are a first time sports bettor, a $10 bonus bet may be perfect chance to get your feet wet. If you are a seasoned veteran who likes to keep the action rolling, one of the larger deposit bonuses may help to give you the edge you need. Be sure to take a look at the RotoGrinders individual online sportsbook summaries where we take all the guesswork out, and give you all the information you need to quickly and easily be on your way.
Tips for finding the Best Bonus Offers at NJ Online Sportsbooks
- Know the Wagering requirements: When being offered a bonus, the wagering requirements may be only 1x while some are significantly higher. 1x wagering bonuses are essentially playing with house money, while 5x+ requirements may get a little tough to clear if you run into a few losing bets. A 10x $500 bonus may seem like a great deal until you realize that you must bet $5000 in a short amount of time in order to collect.
- Cashback bonus trap: Cashback is not necessarily a bad thing, but be sure to know how it is refunded. If it is refunded as cash, then there will be some play-through required. When it is refunded as a bonus-bet, know that you are essentially getting a second chance to get your money back as only the winnings from the bnous-bet are paid out.
- Matched Bonus bets vs Bonus bets: While they may sound similar, matched bets are far more generous than most bonus bet offers. Matched bets are when a site issues a bonus bet whether you win or lose the bet, first bonus bets are only issued when your bet loses. Once again, be sure to check how the bets are paid out as well. Site credit plays as cash, one-time bonus bets only pay the profit on winning bets.
- Know the expiration date: It would be a shame to go through the process of obtaining a bonus bet or site credit only to have the bonus money expire. Some may expire in as little as 24 hours while others give you several weeks/months.
- Don’t Cancel Bonuses: If you are in the middle of clearing a bonus, do not cancel. This is essentially giving away bonus money. If you cancel in the middle of the bonus, the money will be pulled from your cash balance.
- Be Responsible: Sports betting is intended to be a fun and enjoyable experience. Only bet with what you can afford to lose and don’t play over your head. One of the many benefits of online sports betting vs retail sports betting is most sites offer bets as low as $0.10 which can fit into almost any budget.
Overall, if you are well-informed and shop around, you can take advantage of a lot of bonus offers and have fun while you are doing it.
We have combed through thousands of lines of fine print in order to bring you the best deals in online and mobile sports betting. Offers can change, and new sportsbooks are being added all the time, so be sure to check back often with RotoGrinders in order to get all the exclusive deals and welcome packages in the Garden State.