BetRivers Sportsbook Promo Code
BetRivers, owned and operated by Rush Street Gaming, is a true contender within the regulated online sports betting industry in the U.S. The site first went online in Pennsylvania and has since expanded to other states including Indiana, Colorado, New York, and Illinois where it was first to market in each.
If you’re searching for a full breakdown on BetRivers, look no further. We’ll cover where you can play, how to sign up, deposits and withdrawals, and more. Answers to follow.
- 1 BetRivers Welcome Bonus Info
- 2 BetRivers Basics: Registration and Placing a Bet
- 3 BetRivers Online Sportsbook US Markets
- 4 BetRivers Future Markets
- 5 Betting Options
- 6 BetRivers Sportsbook Betting Options
- 7 Deposits and Withdrawals
- 8 iRush Rewards Program
- 9 BetRivers Customer Support
- 10 Overall BetRivers User Experience
- 11 BetRivers Sportsbook FAQ
BetRivers Welcome Bonus Info
BetRivers Promo Code
|First Deposit Bonus||100% up to $250|
100% up to $250 First Deposit Bonus
BetRivers offers a stunning welcome bonus that is unmatched in the world of online sports betting. When you create an account using the links listed on this page, you’ll receive a 100% deposit match up to $250. You do not need a promo code to claim the bonus.
As soon as you make your first deposit you will see the bonus money added to your account. It’s far from the largest offer on a dollar-to-dollar basis, but the terms are what make it special. The BetRivers bonus comes with just a 1x wagering requirement. You read that right, in an industry where 20-30x requirements are commonplace, BetRivers holds firm at 1x. Bet the bonus money one time and its free of any restrictions – the cash is yours.
If you take full advantage and deposit $250 to max out the promotion, you can divide the bonus up however you’d like. Make 10 $25 bets, 250 $1 bets, or 1 big $250 wager. It’s all up to you.
BetRivers Basics: Registration and Placing a Bet
You must be 21 years of age or older in order to open an account with BetRivers. Additionally, you must be physically located in a state with a legal market to place bets. Importantly, you don’t need to be a resident of the state, and can actually open the account, make deposits, or cash out from anywhere.
For example, if you live in Ohio you can open an account from home and make a deposit from home, but you will have to make the trip to Pennsylvania or Indiana in order to place a bet.
Proving Your Location
Bettors are required to prove their location before they can wager. This is done through geolocation technology, using a combination of GPS and Wi-Fi signals. If you’re using a computer to bet you’ll need to download a separate plugin, and be on a Wi-Fi network. If you’re a mobile better, just grant the BetRivers app access to your location services so it can tap into your devices GPS.
Placing a Wager with BetRivers
BetRivers software is incredibly intuitive, even for total beginners. Find the sport you want to bet on, on the left side of the screen, click on that sport and all available matches will populate the center of the screen. Select your bet and the slip will pop up, enter the amount you want to put up, and BetRivers will calculate your potential winnings. When you are happy with the bet, click “Bet Now” and you are off and running.
BetRivers Online Sportsbook US Markets
|State||Casino Partner||Launch Date|
|Pennsylvania||Rivers Casino Pittsburgh||June 25, 2019|
|Indiana||French Lick Casino||October 3, 2019|
|Colorado||McGills Hotel and Casino||May 1, 2020|
|Illinois||Rivers Casino Des Plaines||March 9, 2020|
|Iowa||Wild Rose||January 4, 2021|
|Michigan||Little River Casino Resort||January 22, 2021|
|Virginia||Rivers Casino Portsmouth||January 27, 2021|
|Arizona||Arizona Rattlers (IFL)||October 22, 2021|
|New York||Rivers Casino Schenectady||December 8, 2022|
|Louisiana||Boom Entertainment||January 28, 2022|
BetRivers is currently live and accepting bets in the above states. In addition, Rush Street Gaming also operates the SugarHouse online sportsbook in New Jersey, which is a virtual clone of BetRivers.
Each state-centric market features nearly identical software, but some of the betting options and protocols will differ. Key differences include:
- Casino Partner: Rivers Casino Philadelphia, Rivers Casino Pittsburgh
- Pennsylvania has a stifling tax rate of 36%, and a $10 million application fee. Other states pale in comparison to these figures. This will generally limit the promotional meat that operators like BetRivers can leave on the bone.
- No requirement for “official league data”.
- PA books can only accept wagers if they’re related to a sporting event.
- No politics
- No entertainment (like the Oscars)
- Limited props (though opening coin flip betting is permitted on a technicality since players do participate).
- Casino Partner: French Lick Resort
- BetRivers operates as an online-only skin in the state of Indiana, working off of the French Lick Resort’s license.
- In-person transactions, both deposits and withdrawals, aren’t permitted in Indiana. You’ll have to stick to online banking methods.
- Casino Partner: JP McGills Hotel and Casino
- There’s not too much to say on Colorado except that you can bet on just about everything, with college prop-bets (like X basketball player to score X amount of points) being the lone exception. CO bettors will have access to it all.
- Casino Partner: Rivers Casino Des Plaines
- In Illinois no wagers can be placed on colleges located in-state. Thus, no betting on the Illini, Northwestern, DePaul, Loyola, etc.
- Casino Partner: Wild Rose
- Iowa initially launched with an in-person registration process, but as of January 1, 2021, remote registration is now available. This means you can sign up, deposit, and start placing bets from your computer or mobile device anywhere inside state lines.
- Casino Partner: Little River Casino Resort
- BetRivers launched on Day 1 of online sports betting in the state of Michigan, January 22, 2021.
- Casino Partner: Rivers Casino Portsmouth
- BetRivers began offering online sports betting in Virginia on January 27, 2021.
- The company is in the process of setting up the Rivers Casino Portsmouth to serve as its in-state base camp, though it will be a while before the brick-and-mortar doors open.
- License Partner: Arizona Rattlers (IFL)
- BetRivers began service to the state of Arizona on October 22, 2021.
- Arizona allows online sportsbooks to partner with either a casino or a professional sports franchise. Rush Street chose the latter, agreeing to a market access deal with the Arizona Rattlers who play in the Indoor Football League.
- License Partner: Rivers Casino & Resort Schenectady
- BetRivers began offering online sports betting in New York on January 8, 2022.
- Before New York online sports betting was legalized, Rivers already ran an upstate resort in Schenectady. Rivers has a retail sports betting facility on-site, so when New York launched online sports betting in January 2022, BetRivers was ready to go.
- License Partner: Boom Entertainment
- BetRivers went live in Louisiana on January 28, 2022, the first day that legal online sports betting was allowed in the state.
- BetRivers does not currently have a retail casino partner. Boom Entertainment is a technology provider that works with online casino companies.
BetRivers Future Markets
BetRivers has the potential to grow their reach throughout the US, but for now, likely future targets include:
- Tennessee – Online-only sports betting launched in November 2020, and BetRivers will likely join the party at some point in 2022.
BetRivers has a wide variety of betting options, and when it comes to Live betting, it’s among the best of the best. BetRivers takes bets as low as $0.10 on all the major sports and has pretty much any bet you can think of. Options include single bets, parlays up to 12 legs, round robin parlays, totals bets and a wide range of prop bets. Odds can be displayed in decimal (1.4) fractional (6/4) and American (+200, -120).
Online sportsbooks have the distinct advantage over their retail counterparts of offering a wide array of betting options, and on this point, BetRivers is one of the top in the industry. Their pregame and live betting offerings, coupled with the huge selection of available markets, are a huge plus.
Types of Wagers
- InGame betting
Some more unique betting examples include:
- Overtime Betting: Bet on if the game will go into overtime, or extra innings for baseball.
- First/Last/Anytime TD Scorer: You can place a bet on who you think will score the first TD, last TD or anytime during the game.
- Race Betting: Bet on which team will get to 10, 15, 20 etc points first.
- Player Performance: Bet on individual player performances like how many homeruns, hits, touchdowns, aces, points, assists and so on.
- Live Betting: Live betting options give you the opportunity to bet on each point in tennis, each pitch in baseball, each down in football and so on. It would be impossible to list all the possibilities.
- Alternative Lines/Totals: Don’t like the line on a game? BetRivers has you covered with alternative lines and totals bets. For example, the line for a Braves/Cardinals game is Braves -1 at +100 odds, but if you believe that the Braves can win by 3 or more runs, bet an alternative line of -2.5 at +225 odds.
- UFC/MMA fights
- Car racing
- College Football
- NFL Football
- Australia Rules Football
- College Basketball
- NBA Basketball
- MLB Baseball
- MLS Soccer
- Premier League Soccer
- Most international Soccer leagues
While this is a general list of sports that you can expect to find in every state, some markets, like Colorado for example, will have even more choices on the table due to having more expansive legislation.
Small deviations in pricing can really add up over time with frequent bettors. BetRivers is pretty much on par with the industry when it comes to pricing, but can be either slightly better or worse depending on what sport you are betting on. Let’s take a closer look.
NFL point spreads and totals are for the most part priced at -110, which is pretty standard in the industry. Occasionally you will see some -105 and even money spread bets, but is pretty rare. NFL moneyline bets can vary, sometimes slightly better, sometimes slightly worse. It could benefit bettors to compare odds with other sites to ensure they are getting the best possible odds.
MLB odds tend to be the best in the US market, whether it be spreads, totals and especially moneyline bets. This includes other Kambi powered sites in the same markets as BetRivers.
Parlays are priced slightly better than the industry standard and their alternative lines are priced better than the market average. Overall, we have found that when comparing prices against competitors, BetRivers will usually come out on top.
Where BetRivers really shines is their Teaser+ pricing, which is a innovation developed by Kambi. Teaser+ uses individual games to price the bets, not parlays, which leads to bigger payouts!
BetRivers Sportsbook Betting Options
You can utilize the BetRivers Sportsbook platform from both a computer or a mobile device. Notably, while the site offers an excellent Android App, we’re still waiting for the iOS version to release. It is coming though.
- Availability – BetRivers mobile app is available on Android and iOS devices and is easily found in the Google Play and App Store, respectively.
- Speed – The app is a little tricky to locate, but once its loaded, speed is not an issue.
- Stability – The Android app and the iOS workaround does have its occasional hiccups, but is stable overall. BetRivers allows you to navigate over to other apps and will keep you signed in, but if you leave for too long, you will need wait while it re-locates you.
- Appearance – The app is very aesthetically pleasing. Everything is easy to find and they utilize space well.
- View/Layout – The layout is very well done, and everything you need is easy to find. All the major sports, live events, and odds boosts pop out on a side menu, but are conveniently hidden after you choose the sport you want to bet on. For support, the live chat feature is available if you scroll down. Ads are kept to a minimum.
- Responsiveness – The buttons are large enough for even the largest of fingers, but don’t take over the screen.
- Bet Building – BetRivers makes building bets a breeze. When you pick your first bet, the bet slip will pop up at the bottom of the screen. If you click on a second bet, the bet slip will collapse, but will still show you the odds for the parlay you are building. When you are done adding bets, just click on the collapsed bet slip and it will give you options to make a parlay, or individual bets. Once you place your wager, its easy to check updates for them. Matches are clickable in the sidebar menu, making it simple to check scores.
Everything we love about the BetRivers app is on full display with the web-based platform. Where the app has collapsible menus, the web-based platform utilizes the larger screen and has everything on display. Live betting options, bet history, promos and all available sports are conveniently shown on the left side menu, and all available betting options for your chosen sport populates the center of the screen. We could do without the newsfeed scrolling the right side of the screen, but it is fun to see your own name on it when you hit a winning streak.
The bet slip pops up over the newsfeed when you select a bet, and is easy to scroll and build your bets. BetRivers did an amazing job building an online sportsbook that both beginners and seasoned vets can appreciate.
Deposits and Withdrawals
BetRivers has a variety of options for both deposits and withdrawals. Banking options vary by state, but often include:
- Visa / MasterCard / Discover Credit & Debit Cards
- PayNearMe (deposit cash at a local 7Eleven, CVS, Family Dollar, etc.)
- VIP Preferred ACH/eCheck
- Cash at Partner Casino Cage
- Rivers Play+ Card
- Wire Transfer
- Online Banking Transfer
It’s a good idea to log-in to your BetRivers account and consult the cashier for the state you are looking to bet in to see what is available. There is typically a transaction minimum of $10 for both deposits and withdrawals. All deposit methods are instant, and withdrawals can take a couple of days to be approved – but that’s normal.
We like to point out as well that not every deposit method can be used for a withdrawal. Similarly, some withdrawal methods will require you to make a deposit using that method before they can be used to cash out. Consult the cashier in your state for more info.
iRush Rewards Program
All BetRivers customers are automatically enrolled in the lucrative iRush Rewards program. Every bet you place will count towards your rewards. The more you bet, the more you’ll get back. It’s a tiered system, 1 through 10, plus the exclusive invite only “Elite” tier. Benefits range from special bonuses, free SWAG, and custom deposit limits, to luxury gifts, fancy in-person dinners, access to a concierge, and a free device to gamble with.
So how do you climb the tiers? It’s actually pretty simple. If you’re just making straight bets you’ll earn 1 point for every $6 wagered. However, if you start linking combinations together, the exchange rate improves dramatically:
For states that have access to the BetRivers Casino, the rewards program covers that too. The points per dollar wagered conversion will depend on the casino game you decide to play.
Overall, considering some sportsbooks don’t even have a loyalty program – iRush Rewards is an excellent VIP offering. Simply put, it will add value to your sportsbook experience.
BetRivers Customer Support
BetRivers has top notch customer service, and can be reached via live chat or email. Live chat is going to be your best option for a quick answer, but if its not a pressing issue, email responses have also been impressive. We found live chat to be an excellent resource, usually going above and beyond to get you a resolution to your problems in a timely fashion.
The site also offers a great FAQ. You can access all of the BetRivers support resources by clicking the ‘Help Center’ button at the top of the sportsbook.
Overall BetRivers User Experience
BetRivers is a carbon copy of its sister site SugarHouse, which was built from scratch for the New Jersey Market. When betting first began in 2018, SugarHouse instantly became a fan favorite due to their generous deposit bonus. People came for the bonus, but stuck around for the great software, exceptional customer service, and the variety of betting options.
BetRivers does an excellent job of creating a beginner friendly interface, without making it feel like it is for beginners. The home page is easily navigated and we never had a problem finding a game or match. Its coverage of worldwide sports is tops in the industry in not only the variety of markets, but the coverage of those markets. Checking the site at any point in the day can lead you to hundreds of live matches, with a wide selection of betting options on those matches.
There are mixed feelings on BetRivers odds boost specials. There are some value bets mixed in there, and some huge paydays on small bets if things go right, but there are also some odds boosts that if you put together the bet yourself, you would actually get better odds.
BetRivers Sportsbook FAQ
Which states have access to BetRivers online sportsbook?
BetRivers is currently accepting legal, regulated wagers in the following states: Pennsylvania, Iowa, Indiana, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, Virginia, Arizona, New York, and Louisiana. Notably, BetRivers and its parent company Rush Street are also active in New Jersey and Connecticut with SugarHouse sportsbook.
What is the BetRivers bonus?
BetRivers currently offers customers in all eligible states a 100% up to $250 first deposit bonus… and with just a 1x wager requirement, its as close as you can get to free money.
Is there a BetRivers promo code?
Nope – no code is necessary. Use any of the links at the top of this page to secure your reward.
Is BetRivers sportsbook legal?
Yes, it is. BetRivers has attained all of the necessary licenses and permits to operate its sportsbook.
Is my money safe with BetRivers?
Absolutely – you never have to fear for the security of your funds when playing online with BetRivers. As a licensed, regulated operator, BetRivers has been, and will continue to be subject to strict security and safety protocols. If it wasn’t safe, the regulatory bodies in that state would shut it down.