Tuttle's Take: Week 14
Having qualified for countless live finals, Dan Gaspar (MrTuttle05) knows what it takes to win in DFS. In this space each week, he’ll guide you through the lineup building process for both cash games and tournaments by going in-depth and giving out his “Tuttle’s Take” for every game on the main slate.
Baltimore Ravens @ Kansas City Chiefs (-6.5) 53
- Baltimore Ravens target totals (market share air yards) last three weeks with Lamar Jackson starting: Michael Crabtree 13 (23.6%), John Brown 12
(31.8%), Willie Snead 11 (13.2%), Ty Montgomery 10 (2.9%), Nick Boyle 8 (3.4%), Mark Andrews 5 (15.7%), Hayden Hurst 4 (4.4%), Chris Moore 3 (4.4%),Kenneth Dixon 1 (.5%)
- Kansas City Chiefs target totals (market share air yards) through thirteen weeks: Travis Kelce 113 (26.1%), Tyreek Hill 100 (39.2%), Sammy Watkins 53 (11.5%), Chris Conley 38 (8.7%), Kareem Hunt 35 (1.8%)
I have a confession to make. My best ball life depends on the Chiefs sucking. Admittedly, I don’t feel great about it. As always, Patrick Mahomes is QB1 in terms of raw projection, but he’s not making my cash game builds because of his high price tag. Tyreek Hill seems to be getting a lot of hype this week from the defenses don’t matter crowd, but I’m unlikely to have any exposure to him, even in GPPs. Travis Kelce is a cash game play on DraftKings – he’s a bit tougher to squeeze in on FanDuel where Eric Ebron headlines the cash game options at the TE position. The Spencer Ware chalk almost crashed and burned last week and one thing we learned is that he doesn’t have as much of the running back workload as we would like. He’s an easy fade for me this week against the Ravens.
Lamar Jackson will grab the start once again for the Ravens which immediately makes all Baltimore pass-catching options unplayable while Jackson is best reserved for GPPs. Gus Edwards is who we thought he was – a high volume rusher with no involvement in the passing game. Edwards is best used when the game script will be positive. Although a positive game script seems unlikely this week, I am still ok using Edwards in GPPs as he has 20+ touch upside in a matchup against a Chiefs defense that ranks dead last in rush DVOA. Ty Montgomery did see seven targets last week as the Ravens pass-catching running back, but remains too thin of an option for GPPs on a week stacked with value options.
Indianapolis Colts @ Houston Texans (-4.5) 49
Our Premium content can help you make better picks every day
- To read this full article for this week’s NFL games, you need to have a subscription to RG Premium.
- A Premium subscription will allow you to access this article, as well as Consensus Value Rankings, daily picks from top-ranked players, and much more.
- If you have already used your free trial, you can purchase a weekly pass to quickly gain access to Premium Content!