BetMGM Sportsbook Promo Code
A true member of the old guard, MGM has been a prominent fixture in brick-and-mortar casino gaming and sports betting since its first retail facility opened in Las Vegas during the early 70s. Nearly 50 years on, MGM branded casinos are a staple in many cities around the world and are synonymous with an exciting, luxurious experience. Now with the launch of BetMGM, the company’s premier iGaming brand, the same is available online.
BetMGM online sportsbooks are sweeping the nation, and it’s one of the top sports betting apps in the U.S.. Bettors in a growing number of U.S. states now have access to its elite online sports wagering platform. Have questions? We’ll answer them for you here. Where you can bet, making a deposit, cashing out, and importantly: which BetMGM promo code to use.
- 1 BetMGM Promo Code Explained
- 2 Account Set-Up
- 3 States With Access to BetMGM Online Sportsbook
- 4 New York
- 5 Future Forecast
- 6 BetMGM Canada
- 7 BetMGM Tech Platforms
- 8 Perks of BetMGM
- 9 BetMGM Sportsbook Deposits and Withdrawals
- 10 Sports Offered at BetMGM
- 11 Bets Offered
- 12 BetMGM Rewards Loyalty Program
- 13 Customer Support
- 14 About BetMGM
- 15 BetMGM Online Sportsbook FAQ
BetMGM Promo Code Explained
BetMGM Promo Code
|First Deposit Bonus||Risk-Free Bet up to $1000|
BetMGM $1000 Risk-Free Bet
The welcome bonus offer on BetMGM is consistent across all markets. New customers will receive a risk-free bet worth up to a total of $1000 with the use of code GRINDERS. After making a deposit of at least $10, if your first bet loses the site will comp you freebet tickets of equal value.
Be on the lookout for the credits to hit your account within 24 hours of your first bet settling as a loss. The betting credits will be awarded in increments of 20% of the total amount of your lost bet. For example, if you wagered $100 and lost you would receive five $20 freebets. If your initial wager is less than $50, it will be one single freebet.
There are no major wagering requirements to speak of. Once you have used the freebets, any winnings are yours to keep. Notably, the freebet stake will not be included along with any winnings. For example, if you placed a cash bet of $100 at +100 odds, you would get $200 ($100 stake + $100 profit) on a winning ticket. When wagering with a free bet, you would only get the $100 profit.
To claim the bonus, utilize any of the links on this page, and be sure to use the exclusive promo code GRINDERS during deposit. You’ll find the ‘Bonus Code’ field displayed at the bottom of deposit form, as seen below:
The account creation process is painless. You can set up your account at any time, from anywhere, by providing just a few simple pieces of personal information. Since the online sports betting industry is licensed and regulated, you’ll be required to disclose:
- Date of Birth
- Last four of your Social Security Number
You’ll also need to submit an email address, set up security questions, and provide a password – but that’s pretty standard fare for any online account these days.
Bettors will need a new, separate BetMGM account for every U.S. state that they want to bet in. If you live in Indiana but are going to be visiting New Jersey, you can’t use your BetMGM IN account to place a wager in the Garden State. You’ll need to set up a separate account, but on the plus side, you can claim the Risk-free bet in every state you visit.
Who’s Eligible to Bet?
BetMGM accepts anyone that can meet the criteria established by the state they’re registering for. Even though there are a lot of state markets throughout the country, each with its own rules, the core requirements are typically the same:
- You must be at least 21 years old (18 in Wyoming)
- You must be located in a state with legal wagering to place a bet
- You cannot be on any exclusion lists, both self-imposed or mandated by the state or casino
If you can satisfy these simple designations, then you can place online sports bets with BetMGM. It’s an important distinction to make, but you don’t have to live in a specific state or location. You can make deposits and withdrawals from anywhere, and as long as you are physically present inside the borders of a state where BetMGM operates, you’re ready to start placing bets.
Since you must be in a state with regulated online sports betting to actually place a wager, how does BetMGM know where you are? The answer is geolocation technology that uses a combination of GPS chips, WiFi signals, and IP addresses that relay your precise location to the site.
Once granted permission, the BetMGM sports betting mobile app can use the built-in GPS on your device to prove your location. For those betting with a computer, it’s common to install a separate plugin and connect through a stable WiFi signal.
Is it possible to fool the geolocation software and place a bet while out of state? No, and more importantly, it’s not worth trying. If you’re caught attempting to place illegal wagers then you’re done. Your account will be closed, and your information will be reported to the state’s regulatory body.
States With Access to BetMGM Online Sportsbook
BetMGM is one of the most active sportsbooks in the U.S. market. Its initial online offering appeared in New Jersey, the first state to launch mobile wagering after PASPA folded in 2018. In the years since, BetMGM has continued with steady growth and expansion to new state markets. As legislation spreads throughout the country, so has BetMGM.
|State||Bonus||Promo Code||License Partner||Launch Date|
|New Jersey||Risk-Free Bet up to $1000||GRINDERS||Borgata AC||August 22, 2018|
|West Virginia||Risk-Free Bet up to $1000||GRINDERS||The Greenbrier||January 21, 2020|
|Indiana||Risk-Free Bet up to $1000||GRINDERS||Belterra Casino||February 27, 2020|
|Nevada||N/A||N/A||MGM Resorts Las Vegas||March 6, 2020|
|Colorado||Risk-Free Bet up to $1000||GRINDERS||Midnight Rose Hotel & Casino||May 1, 2020|
|Tennessee||Risk-Free Bet up to $1000||GRINDERS||N/A||November 1, 2020|
|Pennsylvania||Risk-Free Bet up to $1000||GRINDERS||Hollywood Casino Morgantown||December 18, 2020|
|Iowa||Risk-Free Bet up to $1000||GRINDERS||Diamond Jo Worth||January 4, 2021|
|Michigan||Risk-Free Bet up to $1000||GRINDERS||MGM Grand Detroit||January 22, 2021|
|Virginia||Risk-Free Bet up to $1000||GRINDERS||N/A||January 27, 2021|
|Washington D.C.||Risk-Free Bet up to $1000||GRINDERS||Washington Nationals||June 10, 2021|
|Wyoming||Risk-Free Bet up to $1000||GRINDERS||N/A||September 1, 2021|
|Arizona||Risk-Free Bet up to $1000||GRINDERS||Arizona Cardinals; Gila River Indian Community||September 9, 2021|
|New York||Risk-Free Bet up to $1000||GRINDERS||NYGC||January 17, 2022|
|Louisiana||Risk-Free Bet up to $1000||GRINDERS||Sam's Town Casino||January 28, 2022|
Every state is able to legalize and regulate sports betting on its own terms, which means there can be some unique elements. Here are some points to keep in mind about BetMGM in the following states:
- Casino Partner: The Borgata
- No wagering on any in-state college athletics. Bowl games, basketball tournaments, home games for local teams – they’re all off-limits if they’re held in New Jersey.
- No wagering on any New Jersey-based college teams, no matter where they’re playing. For example, even when Rutgers goes on the road you still can’t bet.
- BetMGM Casino is also available in New Jersey, in addition to BetMGM Poker which operates on the Party US Network.
- Casino Partner: The Greenbrier
- Despite using The Greenbrier casino as its licensing partner in West Virginia, BetMGM customers notably cannot make deposits in-person at the casino cage. Competitor FanDuel is the official on-premise betting partner.
- Casino Partner: Belterra Casino
- BetMGM operates in Indiana as a skin on the Belterra Casino’s license. In-person transactions at the casino cage are not permitted, unfortunately.
- Casino Partner(s): MGM Grand, Aria, Bellagio, Mirage, New York – New York, Luxor, Excalibur, Circus Circus, Mandalay Bay, Monte Carlo
- To bet on sports in Nevada you can register with BetMGM online, but must complete the process in-person at one of the retail casinos listed above.
- Casino Partner: Midnight Rose Hotel & Casino
- Colorado is home to one of the most open sports betting scenes thus far in the United States.
- More than 1K different bet types approved.
- Tons of unique, niche betting markets.
- Casino Partner: None. Tennessee has no casinos, and features an online only sports betting industry.
- All bets are fair game in Tennessee, save for prop bets on individual college players. This restriction was meant to keep the pressure off of amateur athletes.
- BetMGM participated in the state’s shotgun-style start, officially opening the TN industry on November 1, 2020.
- Casino Partner: Hollywood Casino Morgantown
- Pennsylvania requires online sports betting operators to have a retail license partner in the state. BetMGM has joined forces with the Hollywood Casino Morgantown.
- BetMGM has also launched its online casino in the state.
- Casino Partner: Diamond Jo Worth
- When Iowa first launched online sports betting, in person registration was required, but that is a thing of the past. As of January 1, 2021, registration can be completed online via your computer or mobile device.
- Casino Partner: MGM Grand Detroit
- Retail betting began at the MGM Grand Detroit on March 11, 2020.
- Online wagering through BetMGM arrived in the state on January 22, 2021.
- The popular BetMGM casino and online poker room are also available in Michigan.
- In-State Partner: N/A, online license
- BetMGM began offering online betting in Virginia on January 27, 2020.
- In-state college teams are the primary omission from VA betting sheets, as per state law.
- Local Partner: Washington Nationals (MLB)
- BetMGM online sportsbook officially launched in Washington D.C. on June 10, 2021.
- Due to local legislation, the online sportsbook is only available within a 2 block radius of Nationals Park, the teams stadium. If you are not within two blocks, you will be geofenced out and unable to place a bet.
- A BetMGM retail sportsbook will arrive soon to compliment the online betting experience at Nationals Park.
- Local Partner: N/A
- BetMGM online sportsbook officially launched in Wyoming on September 1, 2020.
- Similar to a few other states, sports betting in Wyoming is online-only since the state doesn’t have any retail casinos.
- Unlike most other states, bettors only have to be 18 to use BetMGM and other online sportsbooks in Wyoming.
- Local Partner: Arizona Cardinals; Gila River Indian Community
- BetMGM partnered with the Cardinals and went live online on the first day of live sports betting in Arizona (September 9).
- A BetMGM retail sportsbook will soon be coming to the Cardinals’ stadium. The 17,000-square-foot structure is on track to be ready in time for the start of the 2022-23 NFL regular season.
- Local Partner: BetMGM is licensed through the New York Gaming Commission
- BetMGM was among the second wave of online sportsbooks to hit the market in New York, accepting it’s first bets on January 17, 2022.
- The state of New York does not allow betting on NY-based colleges. On top of that, you similarly can’t bet on any college game being played in state even if the teams aren’t from New York… unless it’s part of a tournament, like March Madness.
- Local Partner: Sam’s Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport
- BetMGM launched online in Louisiana through a partnership with Boyd Gaming’s Sam’s Town Casino, but company representatives have indicated that there are no plans for a BetMGM-branded retail casino in the state. BetMGM will remain online-only.
So what’s next for BetMGM? With each legislative session, new states are advancing with sports betting bills. Based on its track record, you can expect to see BetMGM jockeying for position in each state that goes live. Future suitors include:
- Illinois – Online sportsbooks officially launched in the state in June 2020. While BetMGM is expected to partner with Par-A-Dice Casino in the Land of Lincoln, it ranks as one of the most populous states in the country and would be a surprise omission.
- Maryland – Maryland voters approved sports betting on the November 2020 ballot. MGM opened its retail sportsbook at the MGM National Harbor casino in December 2021 and will be live online as soon as it is allowed in the state.
Outside of the United States, BetMGM is currently setting its sights on an even bigger expansion. On the day that Ontario fully opened up its iGaming market to private companies, BetMGM was one of the first wave of operators to go live in the province. Of course, Ontario is by far the most populous province in Canada, so it makes sense that BetMGM and the other big operators are there.
Prior to the passage of Bill C-218, Canadian bettors were restricted to only betting on parlay wagers. Once the bill went into effect on August 27, 2021, all of Canada officially became permitted to place single wagers, or straight bets, as much as they’d like. This was the first and most important step in changing the Canadian sports betting market forever.
With single-game wagering now in play, major U.S. companies like BetMGM have expressed interest in plans to venture across the northern border. BetMGM is off to a good start in Ontario, and it seems clear that the company will thrive in the province, similar to its success in the US.
BetMGM Tech Platforms
Across the United States (and Ontario), bettors can engage with BetMGM online sportsbook through all major tech platforms. This includes:
- iOS Apps – Search for BetMGM inside the Apple App Store and download the one-stop-shop betting app. One BetMGM download can cover your betting action in all of the brand’s current states.
- Android Apps – Full-service Android apps are also available for phones and tablets. Search your preferred App store, likely Google Play, or visit the BetMGM website for a direct download link.
- Browser – It’s not the most mobile option, but you can fire up the BetMGM website in any computer-based web browser and place your bets there. You can wager through all major browsers, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, etc., and the site isn’t bogged down with too many moving pieces so even older computers or slower internet connections should have no trouble getting a bet in.
Perks of BetMGM
MGM is a name people know and trust. The company owns and operates brick-and-mortar casinos in many states and countries around the world. The MGM Grand Las Vegas, the Aria, the Borgata (NJ), and MGM National Harbor (MD) are just a few of the highlights.
A relatively young industry in the U.S., BetMGM already brings years of valuable experience to the table. It entered the iGaming market in 2017 under the playMGM name. A complete overhaul to BetMGM in 2019 took things to the next level, elevating the product even further.
BetMGM regularly churns out new, lucrative promotions. The welcome offer of a $1000 risk-free bet is a great way to start, too.
BetMGM Sportsbook Deposits and Withdrawals
The BetMGM online sportsbook offers a competitive cashier that’s stocked with convenient, efficient options for moving money to and from the site. While the available choices are generally pretty similar, the BetMGM site is a little different in each state so we recommend contacting support or loading up the cashier yourself to see what options are available for you. Bettors are likely to see the following:
Credit/Debit Cards – Use your Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express card to securely and instantly fund your account.
Apple Pay – Use your Apple Pay account for quick and painless deposits.
ACH/eCheck – Securely link your bank account using your bank routing and account number for simple, instant deposits and withdrawals.
PayNearMe – Select “PayNearMe” as the payment method and enter the amount you would like to deposit. Click “generate code” to receive the corresponding code. You can print it, or pull it up digitally on a mobile device. Visit a local retail store that supports PayNearMe like a 7Eleven, Family Dollar, or CVS, and allow them to scan the code at the register. Hand over the cash and your account will be immediately funded.
PayPal – Use the world’s most popular E-Wallet to fund your account. Transactions are instantaneous.
Online Banking Transfer – Using your bank’s online bill pay feature its possible to easily transfer money directly from your bank account. A ton of prominent banks and even some smaller ones are now compatible with the online bank transfer option. Bank of America, BB&T, Citi, Chase, Capital One, SunTrust, Wells Fargo, HSBC – the list goes on.
BetMGM Play+ Card – You can apply for a prepaid card on the BetMGM app. Once approved, you can instantly attach a Visa, Mastercard, or PayPal account to fund your Play+ account. All registered users will also receive a physical copy of the card in the mail that can be used to make withdrawals at an ATM.
GAMEON Prepaid Card: GAMEON cards are just the same as buying someone a Target gift card, but for online sports betting. Enter the card number, expiration and cvv number and you are good to go.
Bank Wire Transfer: Typically only used by high-rollers, this method requires a minimum deposit of $1,000 and is capped at $25,000. Players who exceed deposit limits online will usually resort to bank wire transfers, which can take quite some time to complete and require extra leg work by the customer. All in all, it’s best to avoid this option unless you have no other choice.
Cash at the Casino Cage – In many states BetMGM has established retail partnerships that allow customers to deposit or withdraw funds in-person, right at the casino cage. For example, in New Jersey, MGM is licensed through the Borgata. If you’re in Atlantic City, grab some cash, visit the casino and take care of it right at the cage.
Not every deposit option can be used for withdrawals. Likewise, sometimes customers are required to make a deposit with a specific method before they’re cleared to make a withdrawal with it. With that being said, there’s no shortage of ways to get paid:
- Online banking transfer
- BetMGM Play+ Card
- Paper Check via Mail
- Cash at the Casino Cage
Sports Offered at BetMGM
BetMGM’s list of available betting markets runs the gamut. From the most popular picks like the NFL or the NBA to more niche offerings like rugby and darts – they’ve got it all. Available markets and bet types will depend on the state you’re wagering in, but generally speaking, you should be able to find odds on all of the following no matter where you are:
- Pro Football (NFL)
- Pro Basketball (NBA)
- College Sports (NCAA basketball and Football)
- Hockey (NHL)
- Baseball (MLB)
- Soccer (Champions League, Europa, English Premier, French Ligue, German, Italian, La Liga, Spanish Cup, Belgium Jupiler, Dutch Eredivisie, Portugal Premeira, Turkish Super Lig, Mexico Primera, UEFA Nations League)
- Formula 1
- Aussie Rules
BetMGM covers all the major sports markets and offers all the typical sports wagers such as moneyline, point spreads, totals, futures, and parlays. Accepting wagers as low as $1, BetMGM caters to those with bankrolls of all sizes. Odds are displayed in the American odds format (+250, -110).
Live, in-game wagering is a big part of the overall BetMGM experience. You can wager on sporting events live, as they unfold. Place a bet on a specific play, pitch, or shot, moments before it takes place.
Where BetMGM really stands out is its HUGE selection of prop bets. Few sportsbooks come close to their prop bet options. For example, in any given NBA game, prop bets are offered in the form of Over/Under on basically every player’s total points, rebounds and assists. Bets can be placed on who will score first, which team will lead at halftime and much more. In addition to standard future bets like Eastern Conference winner and NBA champions, you can also place bets on individual accolades like MVP.
BetMGM Rewards Loyalty Program
MGM does have a tiered online loyalty program known as BetMGM Rewards, which also ties into the popular M life rewards program that covers its brick-and-mortar properties. Online play with BetMGM will yield BetMGM Rewards Points, which can be used to buy items and perks from the BetMGM Rewards Store. Sports betting has recently been added to the Rewards program, and the amount of points you earn is based on the odds and size of the bet.
For example, a $100 straight bet at -110 odds will get you at least 20 BetMGM Rewards Points (the longer the odds, the more BRP you get) and 20 Tier Credits, while $100 wagered on a parlay at +350 odds or higher will snag you at least 50 BetMGM Rewards Points and 50 Tier Credits. You can earn BetMGM Rewards Points by enjoying the casino or playing poker, and all count towards the same earnings.
BetMGM support is accessible by clicking the ‘My Account’ menu in the top right corner of the sportsbook, and then selecting ‘Support’. It will provide a lineup of general support categories that you can click your way through. If it doesn’t lead you to the answer you seek, there’s a section below that says “Do you need any more help?”. Click the “yes” button, and it will pull up the primary support options:
- Live Chat – Available 24/7, live chat is easy, fast, and the information is reliable. If you’ve got a simple question to run by the sportsbook, fire up the window and ask away. They’ve got you covered.
- Phone – The BetMGM phone support number may vary based on your location. It will be made readily available on your chosen state’s help page.
- Email – Email support is done through a form, which is submitted on the website. It will automatically populate your account’s email, you can choose from a general list of subjects, and then you’ve got a text box to detail your question and add any necessary attachments.
- Help Pages – The Help Pages are BetMGM’s FAQ. Over the years they’ve built up an extensive library of easily searchable questions and answers.
Safe, responsible gaming is important to BetMGM. If you think you may have a problem, Responsible Gaming resources are provided through the support section of the sportsbook. My Account > Settings > Responsible Gaming will display the RG resources available in your area. The site has both local and nationwide options.
You can also access the Responsible Gaming area from the homepage, at the bottom, under the ‘About Us’ footer.
It’s easy to place limits on your account, and even self exclude if desired. Sports betting is meant to be fun, its a form of entertainment and BetMGM is committed to keeping it that way.
MGM Resorts International started operations in 1987 as MGM Grand Inc., and opened the MGM Grand in Las Vegas in December 1993 at the total cost of $1 Billion. Since then, MGM has expanded to numerous states and foreign countries. MGM maintains ten casinos in the Las Vegas area alone.
The company began offering online casino games in the state of New Jersey in 2017 using the brand name playMGM. In 2018, after the U.S. Supreme Court struck down PASPA, the federal law that prohibited new sports betting legislation, playMGM broadened its reach to include sports betting.
In 2019, all online operations were rebranded under the BetMGM name, which it now uses for sports betting, casino, and poker, in states across the country. 2020 was a busy year for the brand, with successful online launches in West Virginia, Nevada, Indiana, Colorado, Tennessee, and Pennsylvania.
BetMGM wouldn’t take their foot off the gas in 2021 either, eventually going live in Iowa, Michigan, Virginia, Washington D.C, Wyoming, and Arizona. With 2022 off to a hot start with New York and Louisiana now up and running, expect to see multiple other states acquire BetMGM’s services sooner than later.
BetMGM Online Sportsbook FAQ
What states have access to BetMGM?
Active states currently include: New York, New Jersey, Iowa, West Virginia, Indiana, Nevada, Tennessee, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wyoming, Arizona, Virginia, Washington D.C, and Louisiana. BetMGM is also active in Ontario Canada. There are a few others that are nearing launch which are expected to join the ranks soon.
What is the BetMGM welcome bonus?
The current offer is a risk-free bet worth up to $1000.
What BetMGM promo code should I use?
Use code GRINDERS to unlock the $1000 risk-free bet.
Is BetMGM legal?
Yes. BetMGM is licensed and regulated in each jurisdiction that it operates. Wagering with BetMGM is completely legal.
Do I need a new BetMGM account in every state?
Yes, you do. Unfortunately, these individual state-specific markets are not linked, and you will need to create an account for each one. This also means that you can get a $1000 risk-free bet in every state as well though.
Does BetMGM have a mobile app?
Absolutely. You can download the app to your mobile phone or tablet and take the sportsbook with you wherever you go.